5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- a device used to measure electrical current.
- current in which electrons constantly change direction at a regular rate
- temporary magnet made by passing an electric current through a wire coiled around an iron bar
- A device that can increase or decrease the voltage of an alternating current.
- a current-carrying coil of wire with many loops that acts as a magnet
5 True/False questions
electromagnet induction → temporary magnet made by passing an electric current through a wire coiled around an iron bar
magnetism → the lines of force surrounding a permanent magnet or a moving charged particle
direct current → Electrical current that flows in only one direction through a wire
generator → attached to the armature in a motor; changes the direction of the electric current
turbine → a large wheel with blades that rotates and provides mechanical energy to a generator