5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- a current-carrying coil of wire with many loops that acts as a magnet
- A group of atoms whose magnetic fields are aligned
- a large wheel with blades that rotates and provides mechanical energy to a generator
- two ends of a magnet where the magnetic forces are strongest
- a device used to measure electrical current.
5 True/False questions
direct current → current in which electrons constantly change direction at a regular rate
electromagnet → temporary magnet made by passing an electric current through a wire coiled around an iron bar
magnetism → the force that causes magnets to pull on objects that are made of certain metals, such as iron
transformer → A device that can increase or decrease the voltage of an alternating current.
electric motor → a device that contains a rotating electromagnet that changes electrical energy to mechanical energy