5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Watergate Scandal and the results
- Germany, Italy, Russia
- Ended the Great Depression
- a Prominent US foreign policy in the years between WWI and WWII
- b Axis Powers at the beginning of WWII
- c Was a social and economic program that represented the beginning of the end of communism in Russia.
- d WWII and the massive increase in production it caused
- e Richard Nixon and the Committee to Re-Elect the President attempted to spy on and sabotage the Democratic National Committee by using wire tapping at their offices in the Watergate Hotel and Office Building. As a result, Nixon resigned as members of congress called for his impeachment.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Foreign policy during the Cold War aiming to stop the spread of communism (domino effect) through economic aid, diplomacy, war, and covert war.
- Congressional measure that gave President Lyndon B. Johnson the authority to wage war in Vietnam without congressional approval.
- Created Japanese concentration camps. Japanese Americans were interned because many saw the Japanese as faithful to their native culture and therefore, a security threat to the United States.
- Communism spread throughout Vietnam soon after the United States pulled out when the North Vietnamese government overran the South Vietnamese government.
- Alliance of church-based African American organizations formed in 1957 that was dedicated to ending discrimination. It was founded by MLK.
5 True/False questions
Cuban Missile Crisis (aka Missiles of October) → Provided young men with jobs on various construction projects which aimed to strengthen the nation's infrastructure and modernize rural communities.
Brown v. Board of Education → Overturned Plessy v. Ferguson (separate but equal) to make segregation illegal in schools.
Reasons the Feminist Movement fragmented → Movement called for a renewal of American Indian Culture and recognition of American Indian's rights, and recognition of past injustices/violated treaties. Though not originally the GOAL of the movement, it became militant, involving the occupations of Alcatraz and Wounded Knee.
Truman Doctrine → A statement in Truman's speech to Congress, the Soviets/communism weren't mentioned but he did have them in mind.
1963 during the March on Washington → When and where did Martin Luther King deliver his "I have a Dream" speech