5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Problems European governments dealt with after WWI
- advertising industry in the 1950's
- Brown v. Board of Education
- All had members who became frustrated with nonviolent resistance and decided to turn to violence.
- Truman's reasons for using the atomic bomb
- a Similarities between Black Panthers, the Weathermen, and the Brown Berets
- b Overturned Plessy v. Ferguson (separate but equal) to make segregation illegal in schools.
- c Encourages conformity, increases American need/creates wants, need to keep up with the Joneses, makes people less individual
- d Because he wanted to avoid the huge casualties that would come with an invasion of Japan, because of the increased kamikaze missions on the part of the Japanese, and the belief that Japan would not surrender without a decisive strike.
- e Huge inflation, economic recession, rebuilding, etc. Because of these dire straits, the people of Europe asked their respective governments to take more control of the situation, leading to the rise of totalitarian dictators throughout Europe.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Lawsuit brought in 1896 after African American Homer Plessey was denied a seat in a first-class rail way car. Established the legal precedent of separate but equal.
- Movement called for a renewal of American Indian Culture and recognition of American Indian's rights, and recognition of past injustices/violated treaties. Though not originally the GOAL of the movement, it became militant, involving the occupations of Alcatraz and Wounded Knee.
- Both are nonviolent, follow the practices of Gandhi, work for civil rights through voting, marches, etc. Only MLK is a minister.
- Provided young men with jobs on various construction projects which aimed to strengthen the nation's infrastructure and modernize rural communities.
- Germany had to accept full responsibility for the war and pay reparations payments.
5 True/False questions
Ho Chi Minh Trail (How did this affect those countries?) → Rescinded the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution that had given Johnson the ability to fight a war without having Congress declare war. Vietnam had been fought as an undeclared war.
Major themes of books and movies in the 1930's → Richard Nixon and the Committee to Re-Elect the President attempted to spy on and sabotage the Democratic National Committee by using wire tapping at their offices in the Watergate Hotel and Office Building. As a result, Nixon resigned as members of congress called for his impeachment.
Reaganomics → The theory that if the government reduced taxes and limited the regulations placed on businesses, the wealth would "trickle down" in the form of new jobs and opportunities.
Realpolitik → Was a social and economic program that represented the beginning of the end of communism in Russia.
Germany, Italy, Russia → Was the US attempt to contain communism. North Korea (communist) invaded South Korea (not communist). The US came to South Korea's aid. The war ended in a stalemate (no victor). Korea remained divided at the 38th parallel; North Korea remained communist and South Korea remained democratic.