5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- amicus curiae
- rule of four
- clarence thomas
- ruth ginsburg
- a woman in SC
- b "list of cases a court is going to hear"
- c filed by persons who are not actual parties in a case
- d bush 41 appointee to SC
- e "Rule" by which SC
5 Multiple choice questions
- newest member of SC
- "cases heard in either federal or state courts
- federal courts beneath SC
- to review a lower court's actions and decisions to determine if they followed the law
- written by justices who do not agree with the decision of the Court
5 True/False questions
special courts → hear a much narrower range of cases
ruth ginsburg → Clinton appointee to SC
stare decisis → "let the decision stand"
court in conference → refers to a meeting of the full court to discuss cases they have heard in oral argument
exclusive jurisdiction → "cases heard in ONLY federal courts"