5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- exclusive jurisdiction
- clarence thomas
- concurring opinion
- amicus curiae
- majority opinion
- a Court's opinion on a case
- b African-American in SC
- c emphasize certain points not made earlier
- d filed by persons who are not actual parties in a case
- e "cases heard in ONLY federal courts"
5 Multiple choice questions
- Article III courts
- "let the decision stand"
- refers to a meeting of the full court to discuss cases they have heard in oral argument
- "cases heard in either federal or state courts
- newest member of SC
5 True/False questions
clarence thomas → bush 41 appointee to SC
writ of certiorari → "to be made more certain"
remand → higher court sends a case back down to a lower court
trial court → makes a judgement based on facts of case
rule of four → "Rule" by which SC