5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- majority opinion
- inferior courts
- court in conference
- amicus curiae
- stare decisis
- a "let the decision stand"
- b refers to a meeting of the full court to discuss cases they have heard in oral argument
- c Court's opinion on a case
- d federal courts beneath SC
- e filed by persons who are not actual parties in a case
5 Multiple choice questions
- bush 41 appointee to SC
- newest member of SC
- "cases heard in ONLY federal courts"
- "cases heard in either federal or state courts
- higher court sends a case back down to a lower court
5 True/False questions
rule of four → "Rule" by which SC
JP stevens → higher court sends a case back down to a lower court
appellate court → hear a much narrower range of cases
docket → "list of cases a court is going to hear"
special courts → makes a judgement based on facts of case