5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- U.S. magistrates
- rule of four
- concurring opinion
- writ of certiorari
- ruth ginsburg
- a "Rule" by which SC
- b emphasize certain points not made earlier
- c "to be made more certain"
- d woman in SC
- e "officials" appointed to eight-year terms
5 Multiple choice questions
- filed by persons who are not actual parties in a case
- newest member of SC
- African-American in SC
- written by justices who do not agree with the decision of the Court
- Court's opinion on a case
5 True/False questions
stare decisis → makes a judgement based on facts of case
docket → "list of cases a court is going to hear"
exclusive jurisdiction → "cases heard in either federal or state courts
court in conference → refers to a meeting of the full court to discuss cases they have heard in oral argument
clarence thomas → "let the decision stand"