Basic set up and procedure
• Sit on stool with client standing, facing you. Client raises gown or drape (no, this is not the first scene in a bad porno)
• Wear gloves during the male genitalia examination
• Note pubic hair growth pattern and any excoriation, erythema, or infestation at base of penis and within pubic hair
• Inspect skin of shaft of penis for rashes, lesions, or lumps
• Inspect foreskin by asking uncircumcised male to retract it or examiner can do so
• Observe color, location, integrity of foreskin.
• Inspect and palpate penis, scrotum, & inguinal area for infestations, lesions, & lumps
• Inspect glans for size, shape, lesions or redness. Need to retract foreskin to observe glans in uncircumcised male. Note location of urinary meatus on the glans.