Upgrade to remove ads
101 - NAVY EXPEDITIONARY HISTORY AND ORGANIZATION FUNDAMENTALS
Terms in this set (11)
Discuss the conditions that led to the formation of the U.S. Navy.
* Initiated America's first-based offensive to cut off British resupply lines during the revolutionary war.
*GENERAL GEORGE WASHINGTON
2. State the qualities that characterize the Navy/Marine Corps team as instruments to support national policies.
3. When is the U.S. Navy birthday.
*Navy B-day: 13 OCTOBER 1775
*Father of the Navy: JOHN PAUL JONES
4. Discuss the conditions that led to the creation of the Seabees.
During WWII - Armed construction workers were critical needed in the combat (builders who can fight)
5. Discuss the significance of March 5, 1942 as it pertains to the Seabees.
*Seabees name was granted.
*Bureau of Yards and Docks
*Seabees B-day -5 March 1942
*Created by: ADMIRAL BEN MOREELL
BATTLE OF CORAL SEA
-6-8 MAY 1942: Two fleets never saw each other—Battle was fought entirely with aircraft launched from carriers. Purpose is to stop invasion of Australia. Lost USS Lexington
INVASION OF NORMANDY
6 JUNE 1944: Largest amphibious operation in history
BATTLE OF MIDWAY
4-7 JUNE 1942: The turning point of the war in the Pacific came the next month at the Battle of Midway. Sunk: USS Yorktown and Hammann.
6 first frigates
Commissioned on March 27, 1794
Who is the father of the brown water Navy?
-Launched SEALORDS on October 8th, 1968. Admiral Elmo R. Zumwalt Jr.
7. Discuss the conditions that led to the creation of Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) and Navy Divers.
*Handles, defuses, and disposes of ammunition and explosives.
*During WWII - First Volunteers trained with British Un-Exploded ordinance (UXO) teams
*1941-1945 - 19 classes graduated and were deployed throughout the pacific
*Originally named Mobile Explosive Investigative Units (MEIU)
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
102 SAFETY FUNDAMENTALS
103 COMBAT LOGISTICS FUNDAMENTALS
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
NAWS 103 Naval Heritage and Doctrine Fundamentals
American Pageant Chapter 34
Scholastic Bowl Historical Stuff
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
Chapter 7 review
US History Exam 3 ACC