5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Central powers During WWI
- Defense Spending Since 1990's
- a Germany, Austria-Hungary, Ottoman Empire and Bulgaria
- b They decreased their defense spending and ancelled orders of military equptment. Thousands of soldiers were laid off. (Recession due to the Cold War ending)
- c reaction against laissez-faire economics and its emhasis on an unregulated market. Progressives believed that industrialization and urbanization had created many social problems. Belonged to both major political parties. Strong faith in schience and technology.
- d name given to the are of souther Great Plains severely damaged by droughts and dust storms during the 1930's.
- e camps built outside of major cities by people who had lost their homes during the great depression called hoovervilles because the people blamed pre. hoover foe their situition
5 Multiple choice questions
- Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You
- Stock market crash; consumer debt and spending
Long Range CAuses
- Idea od the Guilded Age. Strongly reinforced the idea of individualism. "Survival of the fittest". Social Darwinisma lso paralleled the economic doctrine on laissez-faire that opposed any government programs that interfered with buisness.
- the treaty imposed on Germany by the Allied powers in 1920 after the end of World War I which demanded exorbitant reparations from the Germans
- The 1970s were perhaps the worst decade of most industrialized countries' economic performance since the Great Depression. Although there was no severe economic depression as witnessed in the 1930s, economic growth rates were considerably lower than previous decades
5 True/False questions
Banning of Nuclear Tests → The Intermidiate Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty was the first treaty to call for the destruction of nuclear weapons. Marked the begining to the end of the Cold War. Signed by Reagan and soviet leader, Gorbachev.
McCarthyism → Intense anti-communist suspicion from late 1940s until late 1950s. Named to criticize actions of Senator Joseph McCarthy during second "Red Scare".
Public Works Administration → Incident where President Eisenhower sent federal troops to allow black students into the high school.
Fundamentalism → economic and political domination af a string nation over weaker ones.
African Americans during WWII → Pushed for a double victory: victory over segregation and war.