Upgrade to remove ads
103 COMBAT LOGISTICS FUNDAMENTALS
Terms in this set (13)
To prevent damage to a unit's cargo and equipment during movement, it is essential to use proper palletizing techniques as listed in military standard (MIL-STD) 174D, Palletized Unit Loads. Each pallet must be able to withstand inclement weather and rough handling.
Weighing and Marking
- To correctly move equipment, equipment must be prepared, marked and labeled correctly. There are two main divisions: vehicles and general cargo.
Shoring and dunnage may be required when loading cargo and equipment on all modes of transportation. The unit owning or presenting the equipment for shipment is responsible for purchasing and providing the shoring and dunnage required for the movement
What are four types of shoring:
- The joint inspection (JI) is recorded on Form DD-2133, Joint Airlift Inspection Record.
- All equipment must be properly prepared and documented before it can be loaded on any aircraft. Must be approved that equipment is safe and ready to fly
Primary use - intra-theater. (6 pallets, 90 passengers, 62,000 gallons of fuels): tactical airlift
Primary use - intra-theater. (18 pallets, 102 passengers, 184,000 gallons of fuel)
- Primary use - inter-theater. (36 pallets, 343 passengers, 332,500 gallons of fuel)
Primary use - inter-theater. (22 pallets, 75 passengers, 356,000 gal fuel) strategic airlift and Typical mission - air refueling
4. Discuss the information found on a Time-Phased Force Deployment Data (TPFDD)
The TPFDD is both a force requirements and a prioritized transportation movement document. Further, the TPFDD defines the Combatant Commander's time-phased lift requirements for supplies, equipment, and replacement personnel needed to sustain the forces specified during force planning.
Three main phases:
Concept/ Plan Development/ Review
5. Discuss the Military Sealift Command mission.
• Sustainment of sealift capability
• Preposition assets at strategic locations
• Surge sealift capability of critical weapons and equipment
6. Discuss Op Funds.
OPTAR funds are derived from the activity's projected expenditures based on the amount used during the previous 12 months and their operating schedule for the next 12 months.
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
101 - NAVY EXPEDITIONARY HISTORY AND ORGANIZATION…
102 SAFETY FUNDAMENTALS
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
CDC Vol 1 5 Level
2T271 Volume 1 Edit Code 5
block 5 #2
Instruments GK (from 41st/37th smartbooks)