9) RWG Intermediate C: Past Perfect
Use the past perfect to rewrite the sentences. (Hint: Change the order!)
Terms in this set (...)
When she got home, he had made dinner.
(1) He made dinner. (2) She got home. --> When she...
When he went to the store, they had already sold out of the textbook.
(1) The store sold out of the textbook. (2) He went to the store --> When he...
When they left their apartment, it had already started to rain.
(1) It started to rain. (2) They left their apartment. --> When they
The burglars got in because he hadn't locked his door.
(1) He didn't lock his door. (2) The burglars got in. --> The burglars...
When I got home, my roommate had already eaten the cake.
(1) My roommate ate the cake. (2) I got home. --> When I..
When I got home, my roommate hadn't cleaned the house.
(1) My roommate didn't clean the house. (2) I got home. --> When I...
When we entered the theater, the movie had already started.
(1) The movie started. (2) We entered the theater. --> When we...
The teacher got angry because the students hadn't done their homework.
(1) The students didn't do their homework. (2) The teacher got angry. --> The teacher...
When we got to the airport, the plane had already left.
(1) The plane left. (2) We got to the airport. --> When we...
He got a bad grade on the test because he hadn't studied.
(1) He didn't study. (2). He got a bad grade on the test. --> He...
Irregular Past Tense Sentences
change sentence to PAST (LW)
Maniac Magee CH 22-26
25) RWG Intermediate C: Unreal Past Conditionals
24) RWG Intermediate C: Unreal Present Conditional
22) RWG Intermediate C: Crime / Law
23) RWG Intermediate C: Police Arrest Hundreds in Italy (Reading Power 3 p125)