5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Tyrone Bittings
- Diondra Jordan
- Chankara Troupe
- Sheila Gamberoni
- Devon Hope
- a is a very good basketball player, but also likes to read
- b is very tall, plays basketball because her father wants her to, loves to paint
- c is rebelling against her family, feels like she doesn't belong
- d The "main character" or "tour guide" of the book
- e refuses to be stuck in an abusive cycle, like her sister
5 Multiple choice questions
- very poor, looked at as a preacher man, wants to be a teacher
- is considered a bully, bad-tempered, her mom died of an overdose
- Overweight, wants people to see her beyond her weight. "I am coconut"
- music that became popular during the Harlem Renaissance. Performed at the Apollo and Cotton Club.
- Langston Hughes, Zora Neale Hurston, Countee Cullen
5 True/False questions
Harlem Renaissance → a movement of African-American culture in literature, art, dance and music during the 1920's.
Mr. Ward → wants someone to love her, feels alone. Does not like her stepfather
Raynard Patterson → has dyslexia, loves the saxaphone
Decline of the Harlem Renaissance → The Great Depression added economic pressure to organizations that supported the Harlem Renaissance, like the NAACP.
Amy Moscowitz → her parents' divorce has greatly affected her, wants a friend but doesn't trust anyone