5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Judianne Alexander
- Tyrone Bittings
- Janelle Battle
- Diondra Jordan
- Decline of the Harlem Renaissance
- a is very tall, plays basketball because her father wants her to, loves to paint
- b Overweight, wants people to see her beyond her weight. "I am coconut"
- c The "main character" or "tour guide" of the book
- d thinks that she is ugly, loves fashion and sewing
- e The Great Depression added economic pressure to organizations that supported the Harlem Renaissance, like the NAACP.
5 Multiple choice questions
- aspires to work on Broadway, but is moving
- a movement of African-American culture in literature, art, dance and music during the 1920's.
- is considered a bully, bad-tempered, her mom died of an overdose
- is balancing being a single mother with going to school full time
- has dyslexia, loves the saxaphone
5 True/False questions
Jazz and Blues → loves to paint, does not want to be stereotyped as by his culture
Leslie Lucas → wants to be considered a "bad boy" but loves the Harlem Renaissance, wants a future
Poets of the Harlem Renaissance → Langston Hughes, Zora Neale Hurston, Countee Cullen
Tanisha Scott → refuses to be stuck in an abusive cycle, like her sister
Devon Hope → is a very good basketball player, but also likes to read