5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Punnett square
- molecular biology
- a a diagram used in the study of inheritance to show the results of random fertilization
- b a group of interacting individuals belonging to one species and living in the same geographic area
- c a temporary extension of an amoeboid cell; these function in moving cells and engulfing food
- d a member of the most diverse phylum in the animal kingdom. These include the horseshoe crab, arachnids (e.g., spiders, scorpions, ticks, and mites), crustaceans (e.g., crayfish, lobsters, crabs, and barnacles), millipedes, centipedes, and insects. Arthropods are characterized by a chitinous exoskeleton, molting, jointed appendages, and a body formed of distinct groups of segments.
- e the study of the molecular basis of genes and gene expression; molecular genetics
5 Multiple choice questions
- the system of taxonomic classification based on five basic groups: Monera, Protista, Plantae, Fungi, and Animalia
- an organism that makes organic food molecules from CO2, H2O, and other inorganic raw materials: a plant,
- placental mammal; mammal whose young complete their embryonic development within the uterus, joined to the mother by the placenta.
- a body cavity completely lined with mesoderm.
- behavior necessary to recognize, search for, capture, and consume food
5 True/False questions
stigma → a type of protist characterized by great flexibility and the presence of pseudopodia
stratum → the ideas, customs, skills, rituals, and similar activities of a people or group that are passed along to succeeding generations
herbivore → a cancer-causing agent, either high-energy radiation (such as X-rays or UV light) or a chemical
F1 generation → the regular back-and-forth movement of animals between two geographic areas at particular times of the year
oncogene → a cancer-causing gene; usually contributes to malignancy by abnormally enhancing the amount or activity of a growth factor made by the cell