5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- temperate broadleaf forest
- a an individual who is heterozygous for a recessively inherited disorder and who therefore does not show symptoms of that disorder
- b in an ecological sense, a force that changes a biological community and usually removes organisms from it. These, such as fires and storms, play a pivotal role in structuring many biological communities
- c a biome located throughout midlatitude regions where there is sufficient moisture to support the growth of large, broadleaf deciduous trees
- d the first hominids; scavenger-gatherer-hunters who lived on African savannas between about 4.4 million years ago and 1.5 million years ago
- e a term that refers to great apes, including humans
5 Multiple choice questions
- selective breeding of domesticated plants and animals to promote the occurrence of desirable inherited traits in offspring
- a type of ecological succession in which a biological community arises in an area without soil
- a microorganism that thrives in a hot environment (often 60-80°C)
- the body framework of the head.
5 True/False questions
Punnett square → a diagram used in the study of inheritance to show the results of random fertilization
photoautotroph → a diverse clade of gram-negative bacteria that includes five subgroups
stop codon → in mRNA, one of the three triplets (UAG, UAA, UGA) that signal gene translation to stop.
sympatric speciation → animal behavior in transmission of, reception of , and response to signals
cephalopod → a member of a group of molluscs that includes squids and octopuses.