7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- The same as the integument. Has 2 layers - epidermis and dermis.
- the loss of heat from a warm body to a cooler object in contact with the warm body.
- Found in the external auditory canal of the ear. Secretes cerumen or ear wax that repels insects and traps foreign material.
- the surface area of epidermis. Composed of 30 layers of dead, flattened keratinized cells.
- heat is lost from a warm object to the cooler air currounding the warm object.
- the loss of heat by air currents moving over the surface of the skin.
6 True/False questions
apocrine gland → the most numerous and widely distributed of the sweat glands. Located throughout the body. Numerous on forehead, neck, back, upper lip, palms and soles. Not associated with hair follicles.
integument → the skin or ctaneous membrane and is considered an organ.
thermoregulation → the mechanism wherby the body balances heat produciton and heat loss.
evaporation → occurs when liquid becomes a gas. ie. rub liquid alcohol on the skin. It evaporates and cools the skin.
epidermis → the inner layer of the skin The dermis is anchored ot a subcutaneous layer.
eccrine gland → the most numerous and widely distributed of the sweat glands. Located throughout the body. Numerous on forehead, neck, back, upper lip, palms and soles. Not associated with hair follicles.