Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Chapter 1 and 2 Quiz
Terms in this set (20)
- the amount of money a bank loans the patient for health care costs
- hospital net profits
- financing of a managed care organization
- hospital net profits
financing of a managed care organization
The U.S. government plays a limited role in the health delivery system. The government's role in the arena of health care delivery consists of:
- developing private hospital organizations
- regulating public and private programs at the local levels
- being the responsible party for health care delivery through Medicare and Medicaid
- aiding in competition among managed care organizations
being the responsible party for health care delivery through Medicare and Medicaid programs
The ideology system that emphasizes the well-being of the community over an individual is called the:
- social justice system
- market justice system
- money market system
- universal health care system
social justice system
How do uninsured populations access medical care?
- through a special branch of the VA
- through safety net providers
- via a federally-mandated fund comprised of contributions from HMOs
- Medical services for the uninsured are underwritten by pharmaceutical companies that manufacture the drugs they are prescribed.
through safety net providers
What is the insurance program for the U.S. military?
What type of justice is based on people's willingness and ability to pay?
A sudden heart attack would be classified as which of the following?
Which of the following is an example of social intervention?
- primary care
- smoking cessation
- pollution reduction
The World Health Organization (WHO) defines health as:
- the absence of illness or disease
- the state of optimum capacity of an individual to perform his or her expected social roles and tasks
- a complete state of physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity
- a state of physical and mental well-being that facilitates the achievement of individual and societal goals
a complete state of physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity
Which of the following are characteristics of the Medical Care Determinants of Health?
- Health care factors include access to technology but do not include access to alternative therapies.
- Mental health services are excluded from the WHO's primary health care framework.
- Whereas some services (preventive and primary care) contribute to general health status, others are more influential in end-of-life situations (hospice and long-term care).
- The medical system is highly coordinated so that throughout the phases of their lives patients are rarely faced with poor continuity of care.
Whereas some services (preventive and primary care) contribute to general health status, others are more influential in end-of-life situations (hospice and long-term care).
The U.S. safety net is for the nation's most vulnerable populations, such as the uninsured, the poor, and minority groups.
Litigating medical malpractice is one of the primary objectives of the health care delivery system.
FALSE - providing basic care
Barring major system changes, health service expenditures are projected to continue to decrease.
FALSE - projected to continue to decrease
Two types of financing mechanisms commonly used in managed care plans are capitation and discounted fees.
Growth in technology is available to everyone.
FALSE - not
One of the Healthy People 2020 goals is to increase quality and years of life.
The Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO) moved focus away from building primary care capacity and toward implementing disease-specific interventions.
Disease prevention is considered to be a category of health determinants.
FALSE - biology and genetics
The U.S. Government improves society's health by influencing the health determinants.
Quality of life is used to measure overall satisfaction with life during and following a person's encounter with the health care delivery system.
Sets found in the same folder
Chapter 3 and 4 Quiz
Chapters 5 and 6 Quiz
Chapter 9 Quiz
Sets with similar terms
Health 2170: Exam 1
MGMT Ch 3, 1, 2
Essentials of The U.S. Health Care System (Test 1)
Other sets by this creator
Exam #1 Things
Exam #1 Readings/Lecture
Chapter 3 Measuring Diet
Chapter 2 Dietary Guidelines
Other Quizlet sets
Cell Bio Test 1
Chapter 11 Chromosome Structure (Viral Genome)
Math (possible vocab) for quiz & Test