5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a the parts of a cell.
- b organism that supports a parasite.
- c all the populations sharing a specific area or region.
- d eat the remains of organisms left behind by other animals.
- e a symbiotic relationship in which both species benefit.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the basic building blocks of all organisms. Within cells the basic functions of organisms (converting food into energy and getting rid of waste) are carried out.
- organism that feed on the remains or wastes of other organisms.
- a living thing.
- break down waste material inside a cell, found in animal cells only.
- tough outer barrier that protects plant cells and give them shape, functions like the security fence, found only in plant cells.
5 True/False questions
Food Web → a system of several overlapping food chains.
nuclear membrane → thin outer layer of cell that functions like a gatekeeper allowing certain materials in and out of the cell, found in plant and animal cells
cellular respiration → in the mitochondria of a cell O2 is chemically combined with glucose (sugar) to release energy (ATP), CO2, and H2O. Happens in plant and animal cells.
Producer → use the energy of the sun to produce their own food (plants).
chlorophyll → structures in a plant cell that make glucose and oxygen, function like solar panels, found only in plant cells.