5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a any organism that gets its food by eating other organisms.
- b the parts of a cell.
- c green pigment that captures energy of sunlight and through a chemical reaction (photosynthesis) makes food for the plant, found only in plant cells.
- d all the organisms that live in an area together with the nonliving things in the environment.
- e a living thing.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the job that structures are designed to do.
- genetic structures made of DNA that contain information used to direct cell activity and make new cells, functions like a computer hard drive, found in plant and animal cells.
- diagram that shows the flow of energy through a food chain.
- use the energy of the sun to produce their own food (plants).
- a symbiotic relationship in which both species benefit.
5 True/False questions
Commensalism → a symbiotic relationship in which both species benefit.
cellular respiration → thin outer layer of cell that functions like a gatekeeper allowing certain materials in and out of the cell, found in plant and animal cells
cell wall → tough outer barrier that protects plant cells and give them shape, functions like the security fence, found only in plant cells.
nuclear membrane → surrounds and protects the nucleus, functions to allow certain materials in and out of the nucleus, found in plant and animal cells.
ribosome → break down waste material inside a cell, found in animal cells only.