5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Food Web
- a a system of several overlapping food chains.
- b eat the remains of organisms left behind by other animals.
- c organism that supports a parasite.
- d a symbiotic relationship in which both species benefit.
- e chemical reaction that combines water and carbon dioxide to make glucose - the simple sugar plants use as food, happens only in plant cells.
5 Multiple choice questions
- any organism that gets its food by eating other organisms.
- houses the chromosomes and DNA that direct cell activity, found in plant and animal cells.
- organism that feed on the remains or wastes of other organisms.
- "little organs" or structures (parts) within a cell that carry out specific functions (jobs) that keep the cell alive.
- structures in a plant cell that make glucose and oxygen, function like solar panels, found only in plant cells.
5 True/False questions
Energy Pyramid → traces the path of energy as it moves from one organism to the next in an ecosystem.
cytoplasm → a symbiotic relationship in which both species benefit.
organism → a living thing.
cellular respiration → in the mitochondria of a cell O2 is chemically combined with glucose (sugar) to release energy (ATP), CO2, and H2O. Happens in plant and animal cells.
Species → a group of organisms that can mate and produce offspring that in turn can produce more offspring.