5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Food Web
- nuclear membrane
- a chemical reaction that combines water and carbon dioxide to make glucose - the simple sugar plants use as food, happens only in plant cells.
- b all the populations sharing a specific area or region.
- c gel-like fluid that fills the space in between the organelles, found in plant and animal cells
- d a system of several overlapping food chains.
- e surrounds and protects the nucleus, functions to allow certain materials in and out of the nucleus, found in plant and animal cells.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a type of symbiosis that occurs when an organism called a parasite feeds on the cells, tissues, or fluids of another organism call a host.
- break down waste material inside a cell, found in animal cells only.
- all the organisms that live in an area together with the nonliving things in the environment.
- the basic building blocks of all organisms. Within cells the basic functions of organisms (converting food into energy and getting rid of waste) are carried out.
- tough outer barrier that protects plant cells and give them shape, functions like the security fence, found only in plant cells.
5 True/False questions
Host → organism that supports a parasite.
cell membrane → surrounds and protects the nucleus, functions to allow certain materials in and out of the nucleus, found in plant and animal cells.
Food Chain → a system of several overlapping food chains.
function → the job that structures are designed to do.
Population → all the members of a species living in a particular area at a particular time.