5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cellular respiration
- Energy Pyramid
- a all the organisms that live in an area together with the nonliving things in the environment.
- b in the mitochondria of a cell O2 is chemically combined with glucose (sugar) to release energy (ATP), CO2, and H2O. Happens in plant and animal cells.
- c diagram that shows the flow of energy through a food chain.
- d chemical reaction that combines water and carbon dioxide to make glucose - the simple sugar plants use as food, happens only in plant cells.
- e organism that feed on the remains or wastes of other organisms.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a symbiotic relationship in which both species benefit.
- a collection of similar cells that work together to perform a function.
- a type of symbiosis that occurs when an organism called a parasite feeds on the cells, tissues, or fluids of another organism call a host.
- organism that supports a parasite.
- houses the chromosomes and DNA that direct cell activity, found in plant and animal cells.
5 True/False questions
Adaptation → all the members of a species living in a particular area at a particular time.
Food Web → a system of several overlapping food chains.
Food Chain → traces the path of energy as it moves from one organism to the next in an ecosystem.
Commensalism → a type of symbiosis in which one species benefits while the other seems to be unaffected.
organelle → "little organs" or structures (parts) within a cell that carry out specific functions (jobs) that keep the cell alive.