5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Food Chain
- a the parts of a cell.
- b traces the path of energy as it moves from one organism to the next in an ecosystem.
- c eat the remains of organisms left behind by other animals.
- d organism that feed on the remains or wastes of other organisms.
- e the basic building blocks of all organisms. Within cells the basic functions of organisms (converting food into energy and getting rid of waste) are carried out.
5 Multiple choice questions
- thin outer layer of cell that functions like a gatekeeper allowing certain materials in and out of the cell, found in plant and animal cells
- all the organisms that live in an area together with the nonliving things in the environment.
- a system of several overlapping food chains.
- all the members of a species living in a particular area at a particular time.
- use the energy of the sun to produce their own food (plants).
5 True/False questions
Consumer → any organism that gets its food by eating other organisms.
photosynthesis → a close relationship between two species.
organism → "little organs" or structures (parts) within a cell that carry out specific functions (jobs) that keep the cell alive.
vacuole → fluid-filled structures that temporarily hold substances needed by the cell, functions like a storage tank, found in plant and animals cells but bigger in plant cells.
Commensalism → a symbiotic relationship in which both species benefit.