5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Energy Pyramid
- a structures in a plant cell that make glucose and oxygen, function like solar panels, found only in plant cells.
- b all the members of a species living in a particular area at a particular time.
- c a living thing.
- d structure, behavior, or other trait in an organism that helps it to survive in its environment.
- e diagram that shows the flow of energy through a food chain.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the basic building blocks of all organisms. Within cells the basic functions of organisms (converting food into energy and getting rid of waste) are carried out.
- surrounds and protects the nucleus, functions to allow certain materials in and out of the nucleus, found in plant and animal cells.
- all the organisms that live in an area together with the nonliving things in the environment.
- a group of organisms that can mate and produce offspring that in turn can produce more offspring.
- green pigment that captures energy of sunlight and through a chemical reaction (photosynthesis) makes food for the plant, found only in plant cells.
5 True/False questions
Mutualism → a symbiotic relationship in which both species benefit.
mitochondrion → use oxygen and glucose to transform the energy in food to a form the cell can use through a process called cellular respiration, functions like the power plant of the cell, found in plant and animal cells.
Photosynthesis → chemical process by which plants use light energy to make sugar from water and carbon dioxide.
structure → the parts of a cell.
cell wall → the basic building blocks of all organisms. Within cells the basic functions of organisms (converting food into energy and getting rid of waste) are carried out.