5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- merton's strain theory
- a unequal distribution of wealth, power and privilege between the 2 sexes
- b the way we act and carry ourselves
- c poor in society are taken advantage of by the rich & more powerful ppl in society
- d a form of social organization in which females dominate males
- e "trapped in a body of the wrong sex."
5 Multiple choice questions
- suggests that poverty is caused by shortcoming in the poor themselves - an alternative: poverty is cause by society's unequal distribution of income & wealth
- a business supplying illegal goods or services
- his research subjects were ALL MALES; therefore, his findings cannot be generalized to both sexes.
- the investigation of the interplay of race, class and gender, often resulting in multiple dimensions of disadvantage
5 True/False questions
operationalizing a variable. → -the family
- funeral rites
- social structure which functions to control sexual reproduction
socialization. → an act of moral vengence by which society makes the offender suffer as much as the suffering caused by the crime
leonard → gov't classifies 3.5 million ppl - 1 in 4 are under 18
hunting and gathering → uses simple tools to hunt animals and gather vegetation
sexual couterrevolution → -Most societies tolerate homosexuality.
-Many people experience some attraction to someone of the same sex.
-Throughout the world, heterosexuality is the norm.
-Sexual attraction is not the same thing as sexual behaviour