5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- caste systems
- role exit
- Structural-Functional Analysis
- community based correlations
- a the process by which people DISENGAGE from important social roles
- b common in agarian societies
- c argues that excessive deviance arises from particular arrangments
- d *Durkheim identified 4 distinct functions of deviance & merton's strain theory & deviant subcultures*
- e correctional programs operating within a society at large rather than behind prison walls
5 Multiple choice questions
- deprivation of some ppl in society
- vary from one culture to another.
- Rules and expectations by which a society guides behaviors of its members
- Important trend that is associated with the "information revolution"
- term for an educational program that recognizes the cultural DIVERSITY in Canadian society, and promotes the EQUALITY of all cultural traditions
5 True/False questions
intersection theory → investigates the intersection of race, class and gender which often results in multiple disadvantages
Liberal feminism → Time and energies linked to "legitimate" activities inhibit deviance.
human biology, although society plays some role. → The weight of evidence indicates that sexual orientation is caused mostly by:
social interaction. → rendering an offender incapable of further offences temporarily through imprisonment/permanetly by execution
social structure → attempts by society to regulate ppls behavior - either FORMAL or INFORMAL