5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Stratification and Technology
in Global Perspective
- sexual couterrevolution
- sexual orientation
- a -Most societies tolerate homosexuality.
-Many people experience some attraction to someone of the same sex.
-Throughout the world, heterosexuality is the norm.
-Sexual attraction is not the same thing as sexual behaviour
- b How many major theoretical approaches are there in sociology?
- c 1980 condeming permissiveness and urging a return to more conservative "family values"
- d • Hunters and gatherers: little inequality
• Horticultural: more inequality as surplus begins
• Agricultural: more inequality with more surplus
• Industrial: more inequality with more specialization, though with increasing education inequality diminishes
- e The value that occurs midway in a series of numbers (or the middle case) is the
5 Multiple choice questions
- term for an educational program that recognizes the cultural DIVERSITY in Canadian society, and promotes the EQUALITY of all cultural traditions
- a form of social org in which males dominate females
- is any category of people, characterized by
physical or cultural differences, that is socially
Minority women are doubly disadvantaged
- The purpose of a total institution is:
- regards capitalism as increasing patriarchy by concentrating power in the hands of a small number of men.
5 True/False questions
invention, discovery, and diffusion. → Cultural change is caused in three general ways:
role conflict → incompatibility among roles corresponding to two or more
popular culture. → Cultural patterns that are widespread among a society's population are referred to as:
the criminal justice system → a formal response by police, courts, and prison officials to alleged violations of the law
sociologically significant about the case of Anna → crimes that involve violence/threat of violence against others