5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- symbolic-interaction approach
- a A person who has lost the capacity for independent living is referred to as:
- b is a framework for building theory that sees society as the product of the everyday interactions of individuals.
- c claimed that complementary gender roles promote the social integration of families and society as a whole
- d Strong belief in conventional morality and respect for authority figures inhibits deviance.
- e is officially bilingual.
5 Multiple choice questions
- -Deviance and power
-Deviance and Capitalism
-white collar crime
- a growing body of research findings that challenge the heterosexual bias in north american society
- the recognized violation of cultural norms
- a powerfully negative label that greatly changes a person's self concept and social identity
- 1967 illustrate the psychological approach - got teachers to categorize 12 year old male students - containment theroy
5 True/False questions
intersexed people → for humans who have some combination of female and male genitalia
prostitution → builds gender into personality & actions
How do people experience society? → According to ______, it is important to share in people's world of meaning in order to appreciate why they act as they do.
Critical evaluation: → This theory minimizes the
cooperation between men and women. Men
controlled women in pre-capitalist and some
blue collar occupation → refers to a person's preference in terms of sexual partners.