5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Pope Urban II
- a A large estate, often including farms and a village, ruled by a lord.
- b A class of persons distinguished by high birth or rank and in Great Britain including dukes and duchesses, marquises and marchionesses, earls and countesses, viscounts and viscountesses, and barons and baronesses:
- c Used his papal power to urge lords and knights to become Crusaders to fight the Muslims and regain the Middle East for Christianity; promised: forgiveness for sins, freedom from debt, a choice of fiefs in the lands to be conquered. He started the first crusade to regain Holy Land.
- d the current capital of Israel and an ancient city that is holy to Judaism, Christianity, and Islam
5 Multiple choice questions
- an offering of a tenth part of some personal income
- Gothic Architecture used to show religious spirit during the Middle Ages, normally large for mass amounts of people
- pay a tenth of one's income, especially to the church
- a way of life in which men and women withdraw from the rest of the world in order to devote themselves to their faith
- the people living in a municipality smaller than a city
5 True/False questions
Courtly Love → Son of Pepin and king of the Franks. He united most of Europe and was declared by the pope Emperor of the Romans.
Clovis → God, belief of a god/lord, whom they shall listen to, respect, and obey.
Sacraments → Powerful Muslim ruler during Third Crusade, defeated Christians at Hattin took Jerusalem.
Simony → buying and selling of church offices
Sacraments → A member of one of the Germanic tribes of the Rhine region in the early Christian era, especially one of the Salian Franks who conquered Gaul about A.D. 500 and established an extensive empire that reached its greatest power in the ninth century.