5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Holy Roman Empire
- a Was the empire Charlemagne was made emperor of by the pope because he defended him. This started a long trend of good relationships between kings and popes, and gave the pope a lot more power. It included mostly all of Europe
- b In England, he was a courtier, who traveled and mastered philosophy and literature. He wrote from the perspective of various pilgrims to a tomb, and uses them as individuals representing many different walks of life. He thus subtly commented on cultural, religious and literary traditions.
- c Fortress like dwelling with high thick dwelling walls and towers
- d a large estate that included a village. It was the economic unit of the early middle ages.
- e the head of the Roman Catholic Church
5 Multiple choice questions
- Boys raised when their young to protect and fight.(Military like)
- A document written in English in 1215 that granted certain rights to nobles; later these rights came to be extended to all classes.
- political system based on small independent local governments, started when local lords had to start to govern their own land.
- An economy in which trades are made in goods and services instead of money
- especially in 18th- and 19th-century Russia and eastern Europe. poor
5 True/False questions
Nationalism → love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it
Vernacular → The everyday speech of a particular country or region, often involving nonstandard usage
Banking → Is a business of accepting deposits (money) from the public, maintaining savings and checking accounts, and issuing loans and credit. (Muslims). The most important service performed by the early bankers was lending money. Rulers, nobles, and merchants often needed to borrow funds to finance activities
Compurgation → the act of banishing a member of the Church from the communion of believers and the privileges of the Church
Simony → the selling of Church offices