5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Association of merchants or artisans who cooperated to protect their economic interests
- b King of the Franks who conquered much of Western Europe, great patron of leterature and learning
- c travleing performers singing about chivalriss deeds performed by knights for ladies
- d A member of the western Goths that invaded the Roman Empire in the fourth century A.D. and settled in France and Spain, establishing a monarchy that lasted until the early eighth century.
- e love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it
5 Multiple choice questions
- a former tribunal of the Roman Catholic Church mid 1200's created to discover and suppress heresy
- the accused and the accuser fought a duel, the outcome of the duel determined guilty or innocent
- king of the Franks who unified Gaul and established his capital at Paris and founded the Frankish monarchy
- In finance, the purchase of a financial product or other item of value with an expectation of favorable future returns. In general terms, investment means the use money in the hope of making more money.
- an economy that relies chiefly on market forces to allocate goods and resources and to determine prices
5 True/False questions
Courtly Love → king of the Franks who unified Gaul and established his capital at Paris and founded the Frankish monarchy
Tithe → an offering of a tenth part of some personal income
Manor(ialism) → a large estate that included a village. It was the economic unit of the early middle ages.
Manor → he smallest area of land held in the Middle Ages by a feudal lord.
Medieval art → a code that knights adopted in the late Middle Ages; requiring them to be brave, loyal and true to their word; they had to fight fairly in battle