5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- barchanoid dunes
- over 50%
- a The proposed supercontinent that 200 million years ago began to break apart and form the present landmasses.
- b what is the color of the bands of ogives during summer months ?
- c dunes: cross between barchan and traverse dunes, moderate amount of sand, similar to traverse dunes but with tips, tips point down wind
- d water is being squeezed (bubbling) to the surface, what does it create? (during liquefaction)
- e what are the chances that boston will experience a 6.2 earthquake in the near future.
5 Multiple choice questions
- giant lake that was built by a glacier acting as a damn, channeled scab lands by a glacial lake outburst
- shallow depressions (1m-45m in depth)
- what type of rock is located beneath boston
- pulverized rock produced by the glacial gristmill
- the tip of the end of an arete. it is cut by another glacier
5 True/False questions
Pinatubo → Composite cone, Philippines, Erupted in the 90's, Forced evacuation of Clark Air Force Base, only time a US base has been abandoned
Mt. Tambora → Composite, Indonesia, Killed 80,000 people by starvation, caused year without a summer
rift zone → a rock that was carried by a glacier or iceberg, deposited as the ice melted, and became part of the bedrock
Interglacial stages → what is the mixture of rock flour and water called ?
plucking → process by which a glacier flows over a fractured bedrock surface it loosens and lifts blocks of rock and incorporates them into the ice (occurs when melt water penetrates cracks and joints)