5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- pluvial lake
- glacial lake missoula
- changes in earths orbit
- normal polarity
- karst topography
- a a lake formed during a period of increased rainfall
- b giant lake that was built by a glacier acting as a damn, channeled scab lands by a glacial lake outburst
- c The cause of the most recent variable climate change and series of glacial episodes ("Ice Ages") is most probably related to
- d A magnetic field that is the same as that which exists at present.
- e landscape shaped by dissolving power of groundwater
5 Multiple choice questions
- Farmer in mexico who discovered a volcano growing in his field.
- having a discontinuous pattern of intermittent streams that do not flow out of the desert to the ocean
- zone where there is a net. loss to the glacier when the snow from the previous winter melts as does some ice
- snow that has survived one summer and has begun the process of transformation into ice (usually 25 years) is called
- all the till that is left behind from a glacier
5 True/False questions
Tangshan 1976 → deadliest earthquake of all time, located in china. So deadly b/c of the epicenter being near an urban area and most people were asleep in multi story buildings during the quake.(earthquakes in china have killed over 27.3 million)
over 50% → what part of boston is in greatest danger, if an earthquake were to happen
subduction zone → A region of Earth's along which divergence is taking place.
Eldfell → most common method for removing groundwater; a hole bored into zone of saturation
dropstone → a ramp shaped DEPOSIT of sediment with one shallow side and one steep-side is known as a _______________ (shallow side represents direction the glacier is moving) glacier moves up the steep end of the deposit.