5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ridge push
- a _______________ indicate the direction that the glacier is moving
- b prevents/slows infiltration of water
- c A mechanism that may contribute to plate motion. It involves the oceanic lithosphere sliding down the oceanic ridge under the pull of gravity.
- d shallow depressions (1m-45m in depth)
- e a ramp shaped DEPOSIT of sediment with one shallow side and one steep-side is known as a _______________ (shallow side represents direction the glacier is moving) glacier moves up the steep end of the deposit.
5 Multiple choice questions
- what is the total locked zone of the (to be) seattle earthquake
- a kind of well in which the pressure surface is below ground level
- streams that only carry water in response to rainfall
- water within the zone of saturation
- hawaiian word for little (could not be found in notes)
5 True/False questions
shadow zone → the area of the earth's interior where no seismic wave can reach
grooves → deep striations are known as ___________________
river of ice → what are the chances that boston will experience a 6.2 earthquake in the near future.
rock flour → a giant glacial flood often caused by volcanism
recessional → (end moraines) that mark the one-time location of the end of a glacier