5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- pluvial lake
- belt of soil moisture
- a a lake formed during a period of increased rainfall
- b when a stalagmite and stalactite merge together
- c the near surface zone
- d name of the ship that left germany and was robbed and is now responsible for legends off the coast of MAINE on story nights.
- e how many miles of land ruptures in the 2004 samatran earthquake.
5 Multiple choice questions
- what magnitude could result from the seattle earthquake
- shallow depressions (1m-45m in depth)
- Composite, Indonesia, Killed 80,000 people by starvation, caused year without a summer
- # of john hancock (if stacked on top of each other) would equal the amount of ft the glaciers covered 15,000 years ago over boston
- A boundary in which two plates slide past one another without creating or destroying lithosphere.
5 True/False questions
Earth quakes and natural gas → localized area of saturated groundwater that is separete because of an aquitard
hanging valleys → The proposed supercontinent that 200 million years ago began to break apart and form the present landmasses.
loess → deposits of wind blown silt
Lake Nyos → form where two cirques are located back to back and create a sharp-edged ridge
ablation hollows → legend that a flaming ghost ship appears on the horizon, and is searching for land.