5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Curie point
- kettle pond
- a how many miles of land ruptures in the 2004 samatran earthquake.
- b formations on ceiling of cavern and grow downwards
- c kettle that fills with water (ex. Walden Pond)
- d water within the zone of saturation
- e The temperature above which a material loses its magnetization.
5 Multiple choice questions
- series of earthquakes in 1811-1812, were located in the state of Missouri and shook over 100 square mile. Special b/c there were 3 main shocks and the strongest one was 8(+)
- for every increase in one on the richter scale there is a 10x increase in ...
- an isolated rocky hill or mountain rising above a peneplain in a hot, dry region
- what is the estimation for how many deaths would occur if a 6.2 earthquake hit boston
- represents periods of time between glaciation events during the Ice Age.
5 True/False questions
hot spot → process by ice and its load of rock fragments sliding over bedrock, and they function like sand paper to polish the surface (friction)
100,000 square miles → form where two cirques are located back to back and create a sharp-edged ridge
aquifers → what time of year is represented by light varves
jokulhlaup → an ablation hallow that develops during intense sunshine
Glouster harbor (actually spelled Gloucestor, but what can you do...) → where was the epicenter of the Cape Ann earthquake?