5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- outwash plain
- a the flat area at the end of a glacier where meltwater flows and deposits sediments (have a braided stream pattern)
- b deep striations are known as ___________________
- c percentage of total volume of rock or sediment that consists of voids or spaces
- d what volcanic rock do people use on their hands ?
- e deposits of wind blown silt
5 Multiple choice questions
- a depression in the surface of a glacier created by the heating of rocks is called a ___________________
- A long, narrow zone where one lithospheric plate descends beneath another.
- stalactite that looks like a hollow limestone tube
- localized area of saturated groundwater that is separete because of an aquitard
- the fluid like movement of a glacier can be described as ___________
5 True/False questions
Pangaea → moraine with ridges underwater
geyser → is a thick mass of ice originating on land from the compaction and recrystallization of snow
kettle pond → The temperature above which a material loses its magnetization.
asthenosphere → another name for a glacial valley
10 billion dollars → shallow depressions (1m-45m in depth)