5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- stratified drift
- ridge push
- a spires of ice found in the tropics due to differences in sublimation are known as ____________
- b any material carried by a glacier and then dropped in water
- c water within the zone of saturation
- d A mechanism that may contribute to plate motion. It involves the oceanic lithosphere sliding down the oceanic ridge under the pull of gravity.
- e layers inclined in the direction the wind is blowing
5 Multiple choice questions
- series of earthquakes in 1811-1812, were located in the state of Missouri and shook over 100 square mile. Special b/c there were 3 main shocks and the strongest one was 8(+)
- what were the Pater Noster lakes named after, (they appear as if connected like rosary beads)
- dunes: cross between barchan and traverse dunes, moderate amount of sand, similar to traverse dunes but with tips, tips point down wind
- names for ephemeral streams - streams that carry water only in response to rainfall
- When the magnetic charge of earth is reversed.
5 True/False questions
equator → where is the snowline highest
interior drainage → having a discontinuous pattern of intermittent streams that do not flow out of the desert to the ocean
Interglacial stages → a temporary lake that will last only a couple of days
palatine lights → name of the ship that left germany and was robbed and is now responsible for legends off the coast of MAINE on story nights.
9 → how many times better do seismic waves travel through granite than other sediment