5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- river of ice
- hot spot
- a what was the magnitude of the cape ann earthquake?
- b name of the ship that left germany and was robbed and is now responsible for legends off the coast of MAINE on story nights.
- c # of ice ages North America has undergone in the past 450,000 years
- d A concentration of heat in the mantle capable of producing magma, which in turn extrudes onto Earths surface. The interplate volcanism that produced the Hawiian Islands is one example.
- e a glacier is a_________________
5 Multiple choice questions
- a kind of well in which the pressure surface is below ground level
- streams that only carry water in response to rainfall
- how high can a tsunami get
- an arete that takes on a saddle shape
- Cinder Cone in Mexico, came up out of no where in Dionisio Paulido's corn field, lasted 10 year then stopped, buried town of Paricutan under lava
5 True/False questions
Krakatoa → any boulder moved by a glacier is known as a(n) ____________
Galerros → Composite, Columbia, Ruined Stanley Williams and killed several other people he led up on the volcano when it erupted unexpectedly
Santorini → water is being squeezed (bubbling) to the surface, what does it create? (during liquefaction)
transverse dunes → dunes: isolated hills of sand, variable wind direction, up to 90 meters tall
grooves → form where two cirques are located back to back and create a sharp-edged ridge