5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In Muller v. Oregon attorney general Louis Brandeis presented a "brandeis Brief", to the supreme court, which was based on...
- during his second term, when the progressive movement became more steadily liberal, Theodore roosevelt
- After the election of 1892, it became clear that___ was the utmost interest to voters
- The New York Democrat who won the "dirty presidential election of 1884 was...
- The debate over coinage of silver in the 19th century was
- a also took more liberal positions
- b superficial because the key question was halting the inflationary spiral of economy.
- c coinage of silver
- d Grover Cleveland
- e economic and sociological evidence
5 Multiple choice questions
- women's moral superiority would clean up politics If they were given the vote
- efforts to regulate and control big business
- Gave power to poor immigrants
- Booker T. Washington
- felt their ambitions and sense of importance were undermined by the new giant corporations
5 True/False questions
McKinley won by carrying the states iin the → a victimized majority betrayed by the establishment
in the election of 1896 McKinleys campaign manager, who raised an enormous campaign fund from business, was... → coinage of silver
the dramatic cross of gold speech → William Jennings bryan
what happened to Wilson's New freedom once he was president ? → strongly prejudiced against them
Rutherford B. Hayes was nominated for the presidency because of his reputation for → being honest and moderate