5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Late- 19th century feminists were handicapped in their campaign for woman sufferage by
- During the latter part of the nineteenth century Republicans were particularly strong in the _____ states?
- Theodore Roosevelt believed that the most effective means of dealing with big corporations was to
- Major economic developments between 1897 and 1904 was
- The black leader who identified with the Atlanta Compromise was...
- a regulate rather than eliminate them.
- b Booker T. Washington
- c Victorian sexual inhibitions
- d New England
- e the acceleration of the tendency towards industrial concentration
5 Multiple choice questions
- tried but failed to establish cooperatives for their crops because they could not raise the necessary capital rom banks
- gave the country a central banking system for the first time since Andrew jackson
- never a single group seeking a single objective
- being honest and moderate
- post-civil war sectional tensions
5 True/False questions
The black militant who founded the Afro-American League and called for blacks to use violence when attacked by whites was → Thomas Fortune
The debate over coinage of silver in the 19th century was → were lackluster leaders who showed little interests in important contemporary questions.
Tafts major liability as president was his → lack of physical and mental stamina
Many Urban reformers resented the boss system because it... → the solution to social problems was to change the faulty institutions
McKinley won by carrying the states iin the → east, Midwest and pacific coast