5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The "bloody shirt" issue of the late 1800s refers to
- Rutherford B. Hayes was nominated for the presidency because of his reputation for
- the dramatic cross of gold speech
- "if one race be inferior to the other socially, the constitution of the US cannot put them in the same place" The source of this quote was...
- National ownership of the railroads, unlimited coinage of silver, and the creation of a "sub treasury" were all part of the platform of which party?
- a William Jennings bryan
- b post-civil war sectional tensions
- c Plessy v. Ferguson
- d being honest and moderate
- e The Populist Party
5 Multiple choice questions
- tried but failed to establish cooperatives for their crops because they could not raise the necessary capital rom banks
- economic and sociological evidence
- a victimized majority betrayed by the establishment
- close elections won mostly by republicans
5 True/False questions
The black leader who identified with the Atlanta Compromise was... → Booker T. Washington
in the election of 1896 McKinleys campaign manager, who raised an enormous campaign fund from business, was... → Blanketed the country with campaign literature
Blacks in the South were not totally disfranchised or segregated until → southern states enacted literacy tests in the 1890s
The debate over coinage of silver in the 19th century was → superficial because the key question was halting the inflationary spiral of economy.
During the late 19th century the house of representatives was.... → disorderly and inefficient