5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The black leader who identified with the Atlanta Compromise was...
- The progressives attempted their first political reforms in the
- During the latter part of the nineteenth century Republicans were particularly strong in the _____ states?
- The black militant who founded the Afro-American League and called for blacks to use violence when attacked by whites was
- Roosevelt reacted to the creation of the northern security companies by
- a cities
- b New England
- c suing to have it desolved under the Sherman anti trust act.
- d Thomas Fortune
- e Booker T. Washington
5 Multiple choice questions
- regulate rather than eliminate them.
- The Populist Party
- William Howard taft
- colored farmers' alliance
- Theodore roosevelt
5 True/False questions
when it came to non whites white progressives tended to be → never a single group seeking a single objective
Many Urban reformers resented the boss system because it... → the solution to social problems was to change the faulty institutions
McKinley won by carrying the states iin the → east, Midwest and pacific coast
Leading Magazine editor and crusading reformer if the early 20th century was... → were weak leaders
during his second term, when the progressive movement became more steadily liberal, Theodore roosevelt → used his power imaginatively and aggressively