5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Of whom was W.E.B. Du Bois speaking when he said: "He belittles the emasculating effects of caste distinctions, and opposed the higher training and ambitions of or brightest minds?
- On the national Level, the progressive Era saw the completion of the struggle for
- One of the most suffragists' more successful justifications was the purity argument that
- Minnesota Populist who saw himself as an authority on Shakespeare, economics, and science was
- Tafts major liability as president was his
- a Booker T. Washington
- b Ignatius Donney
- c women's moral superiority would clean up politics If they were given the vote
- d woman suffrage
- e lack of physical and mental stamina
5 Multiple choice questions
- Both Democrats and Republicans insisted it would destroy the political parties.
- fair deal
- New England
- national Association for the advancement of colored people
- Blanketed the country with campaign literature
5 True/False questions
The New York Democrat who won the "dirty presidential election of 1884 was... → Farmers' alliance
when it came to non whites white progressives tended to be → strongly prejudiced against them
The earlier group from which the Populists movement emerged was the .... → were lackluster leaders who showed little interests in important contemporary questions.
the dramatic cross of gold speech → never a single group seeking a single objective
The____plan was an urban reform, pioneered in Dayton. Ohio, whereby city affairs were administered on a nonpartisan basis by a → graduated income Tax