5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In 1892 the populist nominee for presiden was former Union General
- Ultimately the battle between gold and silver
- After the election of 1892, it became clear that___ was the utmost interest to voters
- in 1912 the breakup of the Republican part produced an independent third party, the progressives led by
- National Elections between 1856 and 1912 were characterized by...
- a coinage of silver
- b Theodore roosevelt
- c was insignificant because with in two decades the country abandoned basing the volume of currency on bullion
- d close elections won mostly by republicans
- e James B.Weaver
5 Multiple choice questions
- lack of physical and mental stamina
- Ashcan artists
- in religious affiliations, geographic location, and ethnic backgrounds.
- superficial because the key question was halting the inflationary spiral of economy.
- clayton antitrust
5 True/False questions
The presidents during the last quarter or the century .. → were weak leaders
In Muller v. Oregon attorney general Louis Brandeis presented a "brandeis Brief", to the supreme court, which was based on... → economic and sociological evidence
How did the theories of Sigmund Freud affect the ideas and behaviors of progressive intellectuals. → They often used Freud's ideas as in excuse to reject Victorian Prudery.
Theodore Roosevelt believed that the most effective means of dealing with big corporations was to → regulate rather than eliminate them.
During the latter part of the nineteenth century Republicans were particularly strong in the _____ states? → New England