5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The New York Democrat who won the "dirty presidential election of 1884 was...
- the primary result of the 1906 Hepburn act was to
- Late- 19th century feminists were handicapped in their campaign for woman sufferage by
- National ownership of the railroads, unlimited coinage of silver, and the creation of a "sub treasury" were all part of the platform of which party?
- during his second term, when the progressive movement became more steadily liberal, Theodore roosevelt
- a The Populist Party
- b also took more liberal positions
- c Grover Cleveland
- d Victorian sexual inhibitions
- e make the interstate commerce commission more powerful and active
5 Multiple choice questions
- gave the country a central banking system for the first time since Andrew jackson
- Gave power to poor immigrants
- the difference between the new freedom and the new nationalism tended to disappear in practice
- woman suffrage
- Consumer's league
5 True/False questions
The____plan was an urban reform, pioneered in Dayton. Ohio, whereby city affairs were administered on a nonpartisan basis by a → superficial because the key question was halting the inflationary spiral of economy.
the betterment we seek must be accomplished...mainly through the national government" this 1910 calls for the expansion of federal power → Theodore Roosevelt
what was the main issue propounded by William Jennings bryan in the election of 1896 ? → the proposal to coin both silver and gold
Robert La Follette was particularly associated with → promotion of specialized technical knowledge and legislative reference services to promote progressive reform.
The banner "progressive" state during the early years of the 20th century was → were weak leaders