5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cottage vs Factory System
- King Louis XVI (16th)
- "Stages" of Revolution
- Qing Dynasty
- a 1. French Revolution
4. Rise and Fall of Napoleon
- b Absolute monarchy, caused many crisisis and Revolts in England. Took on a role of a depressed and in debt country
- c as the second time when the whole of China was ruled by foreigners, the Manchu. Very Succesful but eventually collapsed
- d the _____ system differed from the __________ system because _______ was in the home and the whole family worked together off of manually powered machines unlike in the factory system families were separated, you work long hours, work off of electrically powered machines and are treated badly.
- e is a system where anyone can own anything privately, but at the same time you must work hard. In this system very many things are given to you by the government. Especially welfare, also things like armies and hospitals. Equalness is key
5 Multiple choice questions
- A joint stock company that controlled most of India during the period of imperialism. This company controlled the political, social, and economic life in India for more than 200 years.
- a diplomatic event held by Otto von Bismarck to discuss the division of Africa; signified Germany's interest in colonialization and imperialism
- The Quadruple Alliance met, to discuss the Balance of Power. Great Britian got to have their conquered colonies, Austria got Venetia and Lombardy and Polis lands, and Prussia and Russia were compensated.
- Loose series of European alliances where nations would help one another if a revolution broke out. It didn't stop revoltuions from occurring, but it did stop many nations from fighting each other.
- was a period of radical social and political upheaval in French and European history. The absolute monarchy that had ruled France for centuries collapsed in three years. French society underwent an epic transformation as feudal, aristocratic, and religious privileges evaporated under a sustained assault from liberal political groups and the masses on the streets.
5 True/False questions
Revolutions of 1848 → when the government of Louis Phillippe refused to make changes his government was overthrown. The middle class was looking for the right to vote and the lower class where struggling during the tough economic times. A group or moderate and radical republicans set up a provisional government or temporary gov't. they wanted a government where in which leaders are elected.
Boxer Rebellion → a1854-1868 peasant led 14 year-long rebellion in China; demanded equality, no private propery, dividing of harvest (they lost)
Revolutionary leader, San Martin, Tousaint L'Ouverture, Hidalgo, Bolivar → peninsulares, creoles, mestizos, mulatoes, african, natives
Technological Advancements → Toussaint l'Ouverture led this uprising, which in 1790 resulted in the successful overthrow of French colonial rule on this Caribbean island. This revolution set up the first black government in the Western Hemisphere and the world's second democratic republic (after the US). The US was reluctant to give full support to this republic led by former slaves.
Caudillos → post revolutionary latin America, a strong leader who ruled chiefly by military force, usually with the support of the landed elite.