5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sepoy Mutiny
- Taiping Rebellion
- a a1854-1868 peasant led 14 year-long rebellion in China; demanded equality, no private propery, dividing of harvest (they lost)
- b is a system where anyone can own anything privately, but at the same time you must work hard. In this system very many things are given to you by the government. Especially welfare, also things like armies and hospitals. Equalness is key
- c this was based off of being loyal to your country. In ____________ you were supposed to feel a sense of ride and national identity. This was significant because you were supposed to unify and come together. You all have a common enemy and the same religion.
- d when a group of military men hired by the british east India company grew to distrut the british because of a rumor going around that they used pig and cow fat to douse their guns cartridges. Pig and cow fat was very sacred to the hindus and muslims and it caused them to be distraught and rebel, they were thrown in jail. This caused others to fight to save them.
- e Italian nationalist
recruits 1,000 Red Shirt volunteers who conquer Sicily and Napels
gives his won land to Cavour
5 Multiple choice questions
- a diplomatic event held by Otto von Bismarck to discuss the division of Africa; signified Germany's interest in colonialization and imperialism
- post revolutionary latin America, a strong leader who ruled chiefly by military force, usually with the support of the landed elite.
- .In 1830s, nationalist leader, Giuseppe Mazzini, founded Young Italy whose goal was to constitute Italy as one free independent, republican nation. In 1860, ally of Mazzini, Giuseppe Garibaldi recruited volunteers and won control of Sicily. Next, Garibaldi turned Naples and Sicily over to Victor Emmanuel. Successors of Count Camillo Cavour acquired Venetia and soon Rome was won back when France had to withdraw its troops during the Franco-Prussian War. Last, Italy becomes a united nation, which it hadn't been since the fall of the Roman Empire. Butt... Young Italy had many problems, too. North and South Italy had many disputes and there was hostility between church and state. When turmoil occurred, the government was forced to extend rights to more men and improve social conditions. However, by 1914, Italy was better off than it had been in 1861.
- Trading company that performed inperialism in Inda and China. They did this to increase their profits through trade. There main product traded was tea and opium. This caused the opium war.
- was a period of radical social and political upheaval in French and European history. The absolute monarchy that had ruled France for centuries collapsed in three years. French society underwent an epic transformation as feudal, aristocratic, and religious privileges evaporated under a sustained assault from liberal political groups and the masses on the streets.
5 True/False questions
Congress of Vienna → The Quadruple Alliance met, to discuss the Balance of Power. Great Britian got to have their conquered colonies, Austria got Venetia and Lombardy and Polis lands, and Prussia and Russia were compensated.
Absolutism → is a system where anyone can own anything privately, but at the same time you must work hard. In this system very many things are given to you by the government. Especially welfare, also things like armies and hospitals. Equalness is key
Chinese Commercial Systems (Tribute) → a way of paying homage to Emperor by bringing gifts and performing kowtow (deep ceremonial bow)
"Stages" of Revolution → 1. French Revolution
4. Rise and Fall of Napoleon
Latin American social structure → An agrarian revolution and industrialization that began in Great Britain that caused a shift from an economy based on farming and handicrafts to an economy based on manufacturing machines in factories. The significnce of the industrial revolution was that it aloud products to be mass produced. The reasons the IR began in GB was that they had increased food supply so pop. Increased and they had a high labor supply, they had a ready supply of money for the factories, they had plentiful natural resources and that had a supply of markets which gave the manufacturers a ready outlet for their goods.