Scheduled maintenance: Saturday, March 6 from 3–4 PM PST
Upgrade to remove ads
ADP 3-37 / ADRP 3-37 - Protection
Terms in this set (8)
What ADP/ADRP covers Protection?
What is Protection?
Protection is the preservation of the effectiveness and survivability of mission-related military and nonmilitary personnel, equipment, facilities, information, and infrastructure deployed or located within or outside the boundaries of a given operational area.
What are the Protection principles?
1. Comprehensive. Protection is an all-inclusive utilization of complementary and reinforcing protection tasks and systems available to commanders, incorporated into the plan, to preserve the force.
2. Integrated. Protection is integrated with other activities, systems, efforts, and capabilities associated with unified land operations to provide strength and structure to the overall effort. Integration must occur vertically and horizontally with unified action partners throughout the operations process.
3. Layered. Protection capabilities are arranged using a layered approach to provide strength and depth. Layering reduces the destructive effect of a threat or hazard through the dispersion of energy or the culmination of the force.
4. Redundant. Protection efforts are often redundant anywhere that a vulnerability or a critical point of failure is identified. Redundancy ensures that specific activities, systems, efforts, and capabilities that are critical for the success of the overall protection effort have a secondary or auxiliary effort of equal or greater capability.
5. Enduring. Protection capabilities are ongoing activities for maintaining the objectives of preserving combat power, populations, partners, essential equipment, resources, and critical infrastructure in every phase of an operation.
What is the protection warfighting function?
The protection warfighting function is the related tasks and systems that preserve the force so that commanders can apply maximum combat power to accomplish the mission
What is the first step toward effective protection?
During the preparation phase, what is the focus of protection?
Deterring and preventing the enemy or adversary from actions that would affect combat power and the freedom of action.
What is the staff looking for as they monitor the conduct of operations during execution?
Variances from the scheme of maneuver and protection.
Assessing protection is an essential, continuous activity that occurs throughout the operations process. What is Assessment?
Assessment is the determination of the progress toward accomplishing a task, creating a condition, or achieving an objective.
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
ADP 4-0 / ADRP 4-0 - Sustainment
ADP 5-0 / ADRP 5-0 - The Operations Process
ADP 6-0 / ADRP 6-0 - Mission Command
ADP 3-0 / ADRP 3-0 - Unified Land Operations
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
ADP 3-37 & ADRP 3-37 Protection
ADP 3-37 Protection
ADP 3-37 (Protection)
ADP 3-37 Protection
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Neuromuscular Therapy Cert. Test
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
Most important things
Chapter 16 - Advertising, Public Relatio…