5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- It is illegal to operate a CMV if your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is
- You will lose your CDL for life if you do the following:
- The_________________________of 1999 requires a CDL holder to be disqualified from operating a commericial motor vehicle if the CDL holder has been convicted of certain types of moving violations in their personal vehicle.
- What happens if your priviledge to operate your personal vehicle is revoked, cancelled, or suspended due to violations of traffic control laws (other than parking violations)
- Review p. 1-6
- a Motor Carrier Safety Improvement Act.
- b use a motor vehicle in the commission of any felony involving the manufacture, distribution, cultivation, sale, transfer of, trafficking in, or dispensing of a controlled substance or marijuana, or possession with intent to manufacture, distribute, cultivate, sell, transfer, traffic in, or dispense a controlled substance or marijuana.
- c .04% or more
- d review p. 1-6
- e you will also lose your CDL driving privileges
5 Multiple choice questions
- an offense occurs while you are operating a CMV that is placarded for hazardous materials.
- for your first violation of a railroad-highway grade crossing violation
- you will lose your CDL for life
- for your second violation within any three-year period of a railroad-highway grade crossing violation.
- you will lose your CDL for 1 year.
5 True/False questions
You will be disqualified from driving a CMV for not less than one year if convicted of any of the following offenses when operating either a commercial motor vehicle or, unless otherwise specified, a noncommercial motor vehicle (1): → driving a vehicle under the influence in violation of Code Section 40-6-391, hit and run or leaving the scene of an accident; failing to report striking an unattended vehicle, failure to report striking fixed object, or failure to report an accident, any felony in the commission of which a motor vehicle is used, driving a commericial motor vehicle while the person's commericial driver's license or commericial driving priveledge is revoked, suspended, canceled, or disqualified; homicide by vehicle; racing on highways or streets; using a motor vehicle in fleeing or attempting to elude an officer; fraudulent or fictitious use of or application for a license; operating a motor vehicle with a revoked, canceled, or suspended registration; theft of a vehicle engaged in commericial transportation of cargo or any appurtenance thereto or the cargo being transported therein or thereon; refusing to submit to a state administered chemical test requested by a law enforcement officer.
Serious traffic violations are (1)________ → for a second or subsequent major traffic violation
What if one of the offenses (driving a vehicle under the influence in violation; hit and run; failing to report;homicie by vehicle, etc.) occurs while you are operating a CMV that is placarded for hazardous materials? → you will be disqualified from driving a commercial motor vehicle for life
What happens if you have more than one license? → You will be put out-of-service for 24 hours.
You will be denied or you will lose your hazardous materials endorsement if you (1) → are not a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., renounce your U.S. citizenship, are wanted or under indictment for certain felonies, have a conviction in military or civilian court for certain felonies, have been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution, are considered to pose a security threat as determined by the Transportation Security Administration.