5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- push-pull factors
- railroad shipping costs
- a the exchange of one thing for another of more or less equal value, esp. to effect a compromise
- b these cause people to either GO or LEAVE a certain area, used in determining immigration
- c one of the major reasons Kansas farmers supported the Populist movement was because they were upset about increasing ________________-
- d insufficiency or shortness of supply
- e a group of persons sent by a church to carry on religious work, esp. evangelization in foreign lands, and often to establish schools, hospitals, etc.
5 Multiple choice questions
- people living outside of cities
- The process by which a person or persons acquire the social and psychological characteristics of a group: "Waves of immigrants have been assimilated into the American culture."
- regular use of law, used to guarantee legal rights to each person (right to confront your accuser, right to a speedy trial, etc.)
- the process of making a lot of the same item at a time, instead of one at a time
- in the US, a period c 1870 to 1898 (or World War I), which was marked by the growth of industry and wealth which supported materialism and political corruption, coined by Mark Twain
5 True/False questions
Indian Wars → wars between white settlers and Natives
climate change → the reason why many Native Americans died after being relocated to Kansas
increases → if a business wanted to expand its workforce, ________________ would attract new employees
cost of the bike → If you decide between buying a bike or a skateboard, and you pick the skateboard, what was your opportunity cost?
juvenile → an embankment designed to prevent the flooding of a river