mta group 2
Terms in this set (44)
1. Which type of network is most vulnerable to intrusion
2. Attenuation in a wireless network signal is a result of
. Distance from the access point.
3. Which type of network covers the broadest area
4. The Local Area Network (LAN) topologies, the primary media access methods are
a. Token passing
5. In a physical star topology, the central device is referred to as a
6. Which technology can you use to extend an internal network across shared or public networks
37. Which two are published IEEE 802.11 wireless transmission standards
38. What happens when an 802.11b node starts broadcasting within the range of an 802.aag access point
. A connection will be established.
39. Which technology provides the highest bit rate
40. A VPN is an
. Encrypted connection across the internet.
41. Which of the following determines the media access method that is used in a network
. Topology and protocols
42. Which wireless authentication method provides the highest level of security
. WI-FI Protected Access (WPA)
43. The topology of a local area network (LAN) is defined by the
. The physical and logical characteristics.
44. The maximum throughput of an 802.aag network is
. 54 Mbps
45. A node within a local area network (LAN) must have a network interface device and a
. Host address
46. Which of the following is a layer 2 WAN protocol
. Point-to-Point protocol (PPP)
47. Which type of port is used to support VLAN traffic between two switches
. Trunk port
48. The protocol that maps IP addresses to a Media Access Control (MAC) address is
. Address Resolution Protocol (ARP)
49. A user reports that she cannot connect to network resources from a network resources from a computer on the company network. The usar was able to connect to the network resources yesterday
You verify that the user's computer is properly physically connected to the network. You discover that the computer's IP address is 169.254.48.97.
50. You need to restore access to network resources.
What should you do next
a. Verify that the DHCP service is available.
2. The host name of the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) maia.exchange.corp.nwtraders.com is
3. To which IP configuration does the CIDR notation 192.168.1.1 \25 refer
. 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.128
4. Which command is used to verify that a server is connected to the network
5. Which of these represents the Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) loopback address
6. Which of these addresses is a multicast address
7. Which of the following uses pointer records and A records
. DNS Server
8. The ipconfg command will
. Display a client's address.
9. One reason to incorporate VLANs network is to
. Reduce the number of nodes in a broadcast domain.
10. Which of these is an application layer protocol
11. Which top-level domain of www.adventureworks.com is
12. At what layer in the OSI model are hardware addresses referenced
. Data link
13. You need to divide a network into three subnets. Which device should you use
14. What type of connector used on a 100BaseT ethernet cable is
15. In addition to switching, multilayer switches also
. Provide Layer 3 routing functions.
16. One reason to replace an unmanaged switch with a managed switch is to
. Support multiple VLANS.
17. To directly connect the Ethernet network interface cards (NICs) of two computers, you should use a
. Crossover cable.
18. The function of a router is to
. Forward traffic to other networks.
19. If a router cannot determine the next hop for a packet, the router will
. Forward the packet to the default route.
20. In which physical network topology is each computer connected to a central point
21. Which two of the following are connectivity options for wide area networks (WANs)
a. Leased line
22. A private network that allows members of an organization to exchange data is an
23. Security is a concern on wireless networks due to
. The radio broadcast access method.
24. A characteristic of the mesh topology is that it
. Uses redundant paths.
25. To protect a network when it is connected to the internet, you should use a
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
MTA NETWORKING QUIZ~!
MTA Networking Fundamentals 98-366
B.3 Domain 2: Networking, All Questions
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
MTA net 1-25
MTA OS 98-349 Review 04
Quia: MTA OS 98-349 Review 03
MTA Exam 98-349