5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cultural relativism
- Socializing function
- Culture Shock
- Narcotizing dysfunction
- The Scientific Method
- a The feeling of suprise and disoreintation that people experience when they encounter cultural practices that are different from their own.
- b Mass media provides a problem by showing Sex and inmoral acts within the media being presented.
- c 1) Define the problem-Independant/Dependant Variables 2)Review literature 3)Hypothesis 4) Collect and analze data- survey and questionaire/face to face interview 5) Conclusion
- d The veiwing of people's behavior from the perspective of their own culture.
- e the phenomenon in which the media provide such massive amounts of coverage that the audience becomes numb and fails to act on the information, regardless of how compelling the issue.
5 Multiple choice questions
- His research suggests that suicide, although it is a solitary act, is related to group life. Religous affiliations had a lower rate; the unmarried had a much higher rate; soldiers were more likely to take their lives; higher rate at times of peace than at time of war; higher rate at times of instability rather than prosperity....reflected the extent to which people were integrated into the group life of the society
- Millitary, schools, government, boy scouts ect. are examples of what?
- Nature vs Nurture; Charles Horton Cooley-Looking-Glass Self.....socialization provides for the transmission of a culture from on generation to the next***which is very important to children
- generalize about everyday forms of social interaction in order to explain society as a whole.
- Being promoted to a level of being incompetant.
5 True/False questions
Sociological Imagination → An awareness of the relationship between an individual and the wider society, both today and in the past
Karl Marx → founder of modern communism; He was responsible for the prespective Conflict
Interationist Perspective → Media shapes day-to-day social behavior. Consumes time. Babysits kids. New forms of Communication
Gatekeeping function → Mass media provides a problem by showing Sex and inmoral acts within the media being presented.
Auguste Comte → Coined the term "sociology" Once the word was coined people had the responsiblity to make the word better; He lived in the 19th century