5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Impression Management
- Auguste Comte
- Functionalist Persective on media functions and dysfunctions
- Agents of Socialization
- a Coined the term "sociology" Once the word was coined people had the responsiblity to make the word better; He lived in the 19th century
- b Many of our daily activities, we try to convey distinct impressions of who we are
- c Nature vs Nurture; Charles Horton Cooley-Looking-Glass Self.....socialization provides for the transmission of a culture from on generation to the next***which is very important to children
- d A segment of society that share a distinctive pattern of mores, folkways, and values that differs from the pattern of the larger society.
- e Function of media; informs us, educate-socialize,promote cunsuption, entertain, enforces norms, unifing, promotes cohesion....
5 Multiple choice questions
- The veiwing of people's behavior from the perspective of their own culture.
- generalize about everyday forms of social interaction in order to explain society as a whole.
- An awareness of the relationship between an individual and the wider society, both today and in the past
- A group in society that influences an individual's purchasing behavior
- A status that dominates others and thereby determines a persons general position in society
5 True/False questions
Functionalist perspective → Emphasizes the way that the parts of a society are structured to maintain its stability
Validity → the quality of being logically valid
Resocialization → affects the overall cultural practices of a society; it also shapes the image that we hold or oursleves
The Scientific Method → 1) Define the problem-Independant/Dependant Variables 2)Review literature 3)Hypothesis 4) Collect and analze data- survey and questionaire/face to face interview 5) Conclusion
Culture → A segment of society that share a distinctive pattern of mores, folkways, and values that differs from the pattern of the larger society.