5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Funcionalist Perspective
- Impression Management
- Agents of Socialization
- Achieved status
- a A social position that a person attains largely through his or her own efforts
- b Many of our daily activities, we try to convey distinct impressions of who we are
- c A norm governing everyday behavior whose violation raises comparatively little concern
- d Nature vs Nurture; Charles Horton Cooley-Looking-Glass Self.....socialization provides for the transmission of a culture from on generation to the next***which is very important to children
- e Emphasizes the way in which the parts of a society are structured to maintain its stability.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The situation that occurs when imcompatible expectations arise rom two or more social positions held by the same person
- A group in society that influences an individual's purchasing behavior
- affects the overall cultural practices of a society; it also shapes the image that we hold or oursleves
- 1) Define the problem-Independant/Dependant Variables 2)Review literature 3)Hypothesis 4) Collect and analze data- survey and questionaire/face to face interview 5) Conclusion
- He advanced the belief that we learn who we are by interacting with others
5 True/False questions
Sub-culture → A segment of society that share a distinctive pattern of mores, folkways, and values that differs from the pattern of the larger society.
The iron law of oligarchy → Durkheim's term for the interdependence that results from people needing others to fulfill their jobs; solidarity based on the interdependence brought about by the division of labour
Diffusion → A norm governing everyday behavior whose violation raises comparatively little concern
Cultural relativism → The veiwing of people's behavior from the perspective of their own culture.
Karl Marx → founder of modern communism; He was responsible for the prespective Conflict