5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Achieved status
- Reference group
- Narcotizing dysfunction
- a The totality oflearned, socially transmitted cutoms, knowledge, material objects, and behavior
- b A social position that a person attains largely through his or her own efforts
- c the phenomenon in which the media provide such massive amounts of coverage that the audience becomes numb and fails to act on the information, regardless of how compelling the issue.
- d The scientific study of people and behavior in groups
- e A group in society that influences an individual's purchasing behavior
5 Multiple choice questions
- a large and impersonal social group whose members pursue a specific goal or activity
- A subculture that deliberately opposes certain aspects of the larger culture
- Filtering what information the audience recieve and how we get it, also filters the information that the audience does not recieve.
- Regulates all aspects of a person's life under asingle authority, such as a prison, the military, a mental hospital, or convent
- Mass media provides a problem by showing Sex and inmoral acts within the media being presented.
5 True/False questions
Diffusion → the quality of being logically valid
Charles Horton Cooley → He advanced the belief that we learn who we are by interacting with others
The Scientific Method → A face to face or telephone questioning of a respondent to obtain desired information
Organic solidarity → Durkheim's term for the interdependence that results from people needing others to fulfill their jobs; solidarity based on the interdependence brought about by the division of labour
Formal Organizations → Millitary, schools, government, boy scouts ect. are examples of what?