Upgrade to remove ads
EGP 209 Final Review test 1
Terms in this set (50)
1) Typical child development has
Periods of progress, latency, and regression
2) Young children
Begin walking at or around one-year of age
3) The four domains of human development are
Physical, social, emotional, and cognitive
4) The neonatal period occurs
Birth to three months
5) A theory of human development is
A set of statements that explains and predicts behavior
6) Erikson's second "conflict: of his psychosocial theory, when children exert their will is
Autonomy v shame
7) Teachers who attempt to cultivate trust (Erikson) among students are
Consistent and responsive
8) According to Bronfenbrenner's theory, ________________ can be found in the microsystem.
Parents and caregivers
9) Breakfast and lunch programs at schools are based on ideas and theories proposed by
10) A teacher who guides children in small groups while asking "leading questions," promotes children's learning with demonstrations and supports children while they use their skills is using learning theories attributed to
11) Nature versus nurture continues the discussions about the balance between
Genetics and environment
12) Piaget's first stage of cognitive development is
Based on sensory information and movement
13) Piaget's second stage of cognitive development begins with children's use of language to create meaning
14) Information processing is described very simply as mental operations that include
Perception, storage, and retrieval
15) Ethologists study human development focusing on
Similarities with other species
16) A sensitive period in human development is
An optimal time for certain capacities, skills, and behaviors
17) According to Bronfenbrenner political policies, government, and religion are most often found in the
18) According to Maslow, which of the following is the highest level of need?
19) A researcher follows undergraduate teacher education candidates during their four years of study and follows them during the first five years of their work as teachers of young children. This is an example of
A longitudinal study
20) A teacher makes certain to post a sign on the classroom door to notify everyone that a test is in progress. She makes certain all of her students have three, sharpened pencils to avoid students walking around the room during the test administration. She reads directly from a script at the beginning of the test. These actions could be
21) Infants who receive inadequate prenatal care are five times more likely to ____________ than babies whose mothers receive early medical attention.
22) Which period of human development is the most rapid time of change?
23) According to Piaget's theory, the preoperational period (second stage) beings with
24) Bronfenbrenner's ecological systems theory is based on
Contexts for development
25) Vygotsky's theory of learning
Focuses on the social transmission of knowledge
26) In Bronfenbrenner's ecological system theory, which of the following is most likely to influence a child's development?
The the factory where the child's father works permanently closes
Are located inside the cell nucleus
28) The human body is made up of two types of cells
Somatic and sex
29) Chromosomes are made up of a chemical substance called
30) ______________ contain _______________ chromosomes
31) The gender of the baby is determined by
Whether an X-bearing or a Y-bearing sperm fertilizes the ova (egg cell)
32) Biologically, the "golden age" for conception for most healthy females is
33) The most intrusive form of prenatal testing is
Chorionic Villus Sampling
34) Research on childbearing reveals that
First births to women in their thirties have increased greatly over the past twenty-five years
35) In men, the amount of semen and concentration of sperm in each ejaculation begins to decline after age
36) The period of the zygote lasts about ________________ and begins with _______________.
Two weeks; fertilization
37) The period of the embryo lasts from
Implantation up to the eighth week of pregnancy
38) The age of viability during gestation occurs during while prenatal period
39) Complications due to cigarette smoking by pregnant women are most likely to be
Low birth weight
40) Teenage mothers are at a greater risk than older mothers for prenatal complications because
Many pregnant teenagers do not receive adequate prenatal care
41) The research characteristic of accuracy with which study can be repeated in same or different forms and have similar results of findings is referred to as
42) A research study where participants are presented with a novel task and their mastery is followed by a series of sessions
43) A professional strongly ethical educators first priority is
To make decisions based on the wellbeing of students
44) Which of the following is not a right of subjects participating in a research study?
Equitably distributed rewards
45) The factors or conditions that will change and are measured to the asses the experimental outcome of a research study.
46) Females release two eggs and both are fertilized each with its own 23 chromosomes pairs. These resulting siblings are genetically independent.
47) The risk of Down Syndrome and all chromosomal abnormalities based on the advanced age of the mother at conception
48) An example of epigenetics is
Positive parenting techniques influencing the aggressive behaviors of a child
49) Concordance is
The study of behavioral and emotional behaviors or conditions that are evident among twins
50) Which of the following is associated with poverty?
Lack of adequate neonatal nutrition
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
EGP test 2
EGP 209 final review test 2
EGP 209 final review test 3
EGP 209 final review test 4
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Developmental Psychology Test 1 (PSY 376) - NCSU
HDV Chapter 1 quiz
Chapter 1-4 Quizzes Review
Psy 1001 Chapter 10
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
skeletal and muscular system
chpt 7 root examples
Root words chpt 7