5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- EPISODIC TENSION HEADACHES
- MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING
- a maintains homeostasis by regulating many vital activities such as heart rate, blood pressure, and breathing rate.
- b is a condition of having repeated long term seizures
- c peripheral nervous system consists of the peripheral nerves, which are located throughout the rest of the body. the PNS splits into to parts SNS and ANS
- d (MRI) this procedure allows for the brain and spinal cord to be visualized from many angles.
- e are the most common type of tension headache
5 Multiple choice questions
- predictible automatic automatic response to stimuli
- are found and iriswithin the muscles that move the eyeball, eyelid
- a neuron typically only has 1. typically long and branch profusely after they have extended far away from the cell body. they send information away from the cell
- central nervous system consists of the brain and the spinal cord
- a fatty substance that insulates the axons and allows them to send nerve impulses quickly
5 True/False questions
2 DIVISIONS OF THE AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM → consists of nerves that connect the CNS to skin and skeleta; muscles, often called the "voluntary nervous system" because it controls skeletal muscles which are under voluntary control
ABDUCENS NERVES (VI) → act in the muscles that move the eyeball
VESICLES → are membranes that protect the brain and spinal cord. the 3 layers of meninges are dura mater, arachnoid mater, and pia mater
WHAT DOES THE POSITRON EMMISON TOMOGRAPHY DETECT → this test is useful in detecting blood flow to areas of the brain, brain tumors, and the diagnosis of such diseases as parkinson's and alzeheimer's.
DIENCEPHALON → located between the cerebral hemispheres and is superior to the brain stem the diencephalon includes the thalamus and hypothalamus