Upgrade to remove ads
A104 Airplane Performance (32-61)
Terms in this set (31)
32. After takeoff, which airspeed would the pilot use to gain the most altitude in a given period of time?
33. Which statement is true regarding takeoff performance with high density altitude conditions?
The acceleration rate is slower because the engine and propeller efficiency is reduced
34. Operating limits
35. Which items are included in the empty weight of an aircraft?
Unusable fuel and undrinkable oil
36. Altimeter setting is the value to which the barometric pressure scale of the altimeter is set to the altimeter indicates
True altitude at field elevation
37. An airplane has been loaded in such a manner that the CG is located aft of the CG limit. One undesirable flight characteristic a pilot might experience would be
Difficulty in recovering from a stalled condition
38. Select the statement that is not concerning Va
Va is the maximum indicated airspeed allowable when flying through rough air
39. What is the definition of Vso?
Stalled speed in the landing configuration
40. Under what conditions is pressure altitude and density altitude the same value?
At standard temperature
41. _______ is the difference between takeoff weight and empty weight.
42. If the CG of an aircraft is moved from the aft limit to the forward limit, how will it affect the cruising and stalling speed?
Decrease the cruising speed and increase the stalling speed
43. What is true altitude?
The vertical distance of the aircraft above sea level
44. What affect does high density altitude, as compared to low density altitude, have on propeller efficiency and why?
Efficiency is reduced because the propeller exerts less force at high density altitudes than at low density altitudes
45. Under which condition will pressure altitude be equal to true altitude?
When standard atmospheric conditions exist
46. Which combination of atmospheric conditions will reduce aircraft takeoff and climb performance?
High temp, high relative humidity and high density altitude
47. An aircraft is loaded 110 over maximum certificated gross weight. If fuel is drained to bring the aircraft within weight limits, how much fuel should be drained?
48. An aircraft is loaded with the CG aft of the aft limit. What effect will this have on controllability?
Stall and spin recovery may be difficult or impossible
49. The altitude at which the maximum rate of climb is 100ft/min is defined as the
50 . The center of gravity of an aircraft is computed along the
51. High air temperature will have all of the following effects on aircraft performance except.
Increased engine power output
52. What effect is any, does high humidity have on aircraft performance?
It decreases performance
53. What can a pilot expect when landing at an airport located in the mountains?
Higher true airspeed and longer landing distance
54. What effect does high density altitude have on aircraft performance?
It reduces climb performance
55. Vx represents what speed?
The best angle of climb airspeed
56. Density altitude is determined by correcting
Pressure altitude for nonstandard temperature
57. What is the definition of Vy?
The best angle of climb airspeed
58. A runway that slopes ______ will decrease required takeoff distance.
59. Under which conditions is forward CG most critical?
60. With the flaps in the CRUISE position, the positive and negative G limits for the DA20-C1 are ____ and ____.
4.4 and -2.2
61. What is the definition of Vr?
The rotation speed
62. Which combination of atmospheric conditions will reduce aircraft takeoff and climb performance?
High temperature, high relative humidity, and high density altitude
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Ch. 1 Aerodynamics
Chapter 3 Flight Instruments
FAA ADX Test Bank
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
8.A - Predicting Performance
Check ride prep: Performance limitations
FIA Weight & Balance / Performance
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
T-1 Told Definitions
T-6 Checklist Callouts
GRE High-Frequency Words 13
GRE High-Frequency Words 12