Get ahead with a $300 test prep scholarship
| Enter to win by Tuesday 9/24
Honors US History 1 Unit 2 Quest 1
Terms in this set (16)
There are multiple different reasons as to why the Civil War happened, but all roads led to what accusation?
Any citizen was required to turn in any slave who escaped (fugitive slave law)
What was the most controversial part of the Compromise of 1850?
Because the new Fugitive Slave Law was so messed up, it led many freed men and women to move where?
- Who was a huge backer of the Railroad?
- Created the Kansas-Nebraska Act
In what state was there so much violence that some believe that the Civil War started there in 1857?
In order to get his plan for a transcontinental railroad, Douglas would push for what two states to become more 'state-like' with an act in Congress?
The fighting over the status of states as either free or slave through popular sovereignty led to the creation of what political party?
Who was an anti-slavery zealot that murdered an entire family and got away with it?
Kansas joined the union in 1861 as what kind of state?
In what state was Dred Scott taken to live by his master that prompted him to sue for his freedom since slavery was illegal in Missouri?
The Dred Scott decision convinced more people, especially Republicans that there really were no states that could be called what?
What percentage of the popular vote did Lincoln get?
- By the time Lincoln actually took office, how many states had seceded from the Union?
- These states left them to form the confederacy.
Fort Sumter was fired upon by which forces?
What year did the first African slaves arrive in Virginia?
- Depending on how an event is written can direct us towards bias. One event can be used by two different sources and be turned completely opposite from each other.