Create an account
#1 Establish the 6 Basic Social Skills in Regulating Conflict
(1) label/replace 4 Horsemen with antidotes
(2) use softened startup
(3) accept influence
(4) manage flooding/self soothing
(5) de-escalate & make effec repair
(6) develop ability to compromise
#2 Be Able to Process a Fight
* move from attk/def to admitting, using video tape Aftermath Quests
* each take responsibility for some small part of problem
* then move to collaborative mode
* goal is for them to have ability to repair the interaction when it goes negative w/o the therapist
#3 Be Able to Process Failed Bids for Emotional Connection
* move from bid for connection that is NOT perceived, to reaching out and asking for something
* idea is to reframe the BID and formalize the process
* "make a mindless process mindful"
* Use Aftermath of Failed Bid Quests
#4 Establish & Maintain Rituals of Emotional Connection
* Use the R of EC exercise
* Script the ritual so both know what they are supposed to enter, proceed, and exit the ritual.
* Idea for each to look forward to it
#5 Plan for Relapse & Schedule Followup Sessions
* continue to encourage, but also express concern about relapse
* checkups every 6 mo for 2 years
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together