Upgrade to remove ads
Exam 3 Chapter 10 Warehousing Management (Multi)
Terms in this set (35)
1. Warehousing and ____ are substitutes for each other.
2. ____ and ____ refer to adjustments associated with the quantity of product.
3. ____ involves bringing together similar stocks from different sources.
4. ____ refers to building up a variety of different products for resale to particular customers.
5. ____ refers to separating products into grades and qualities desired by different target markets.
6. Warehouses emphasize ____ and their primary purpose is to maximize ____.
product storage; usage of available storage space
7. Distribution centers emphasize ____ and their primary purpose is to maximize ____.
rapid movement of product; throughput
8. Throughput refers to ____.
amount of product entering and leaving a facility in a given time period
9. ____ refers to a process where a product is received in a facility, occasionally married with product going to the same destination, and then shipped at the earliest time, without going into longer-term storage.
10. Warehousing labor safety practices in the United States are monitored by which federal government agency?
none of the above
11. Which of the following is not a characteristic of public warehousing?
good for companies dealing with large volumes of inventory
12. What is considered to be the biggest drawback to public warehousing?
lack of control by the user
13. ____ warehousing is owned or occupied on a long-term lease by the firm using them.
14. All are characteristics of private warehousing, except ____.
feasible when demand patterns are irregular
15. With respect to contract warehousing, ____ to ____ year contracts appear to allow sufficient time for the warehousing provider to learn the client's business while allowing the client some flexibility in case the agreement fails to produce acceptable results.
16. Multiclient warehousing mixes attributes of ____ and ____ warehousing.
17. One of the best pieces of advice with respect to the design of warehousing facilities is to ____.
use common sense
18. Trade-offs must be made among space, labor, and ____ with respect to warehousing design.
19. A key advantage of fixed slot locations in a warehouse is ____.
knowledge of where specific products are located
20. A key advantage of variable slot locations in a warehouse is ____.
increased space utilization
21. As one builds higher, building costs ____, while warehousing equipment costs tend to ____.
22. Which of the following statements about a one-dock layout is false?
goods move in a straight configuration
23. Narrow aisles can store ____ to ____ percent more product than conventional width aisles.
24. Which of the following is not an example of warehouse automation?
all of the above are examples of warehouse automation
25. Which of the following is not a trade-off in warehousing design?
order picking versus order taking functions
26. One estimate suggests that only approximately ____ percent of a facility's cubic capacity is actually occupied by product.
27. Which of the following is not a potential measure of warehousing productivity?
order fill rate
28. What is the most frequent source of injuries among warehousing personnel?
back and shoulder injuries
29. What is dunnage?
material that is used to block and brace products inside carrier equipment
30. Which of the following is not one of the common causes of warehousing fires?
31. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, approximately ____ employees are killed each year while operating forklifts in warehousing facilities.
32. A safety data sheet (SDS) is required for ____.
each hazardous product to be stored in a facility
33. Which of the following is not one of the four questions associated with effective management of hazardous materials storage?
what is the material's source
34. In general, warehousing security can be enhanced by focusing on people, ____, and ____.
35. Which of the following statements is false?
all of the above are true
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Supply Chain- ch. 7
Chapter 6: Procurement (Multi)
intro to logistics chapter 4
Ch 12, 13
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Chapter 10 - TB
MGMT 105 FINAL REVIEW
MKTG 321 Exam 3 Concept Checks (Ch. 11, 12, 13, 15)
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
SPH-R388 Marketing Exam 1 Review
Marketing Test 1
Info Systems 2 Exam
MGMT 333 Final Exam (Watson)