1. Location: the position on the earth's surface
Tells us where a point in on the earth's surface. It also tells us how far a point is from other points.
Relative Location: I live next to the Target on Silverado Ranch Blvd.
Absolute Location: My address is 1234 ABC Lane, Las Vegas, NV
2. Place: tells us special features an area might have using physical and human characteristics.
Physical characteristics: type of landforms, bodies of water, weather, or climate
Human characteristics: how the people, work, play, and move around
3. Human/Environment: how people react to and sometimes change their environment
Examples: describe how the seasons affect people at home, at work, and play
4. Movement: describes how people, products, and ideas get from one place to another
People use cars, plans, and bikes to get from place to place
A shirt made in India is shipped to the U.S. for Old Navy Clothing.
A reporter sends his article/story over the Internet to his newspaper editor.
5. Regions: areas of the earth that are alike in some way or the other
Regions based on physical features: mountains, deserts, forests, etc.
Regions based on cultural features: languages, religions, cultures, etc.