5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Anwar Sadat
- Iranian Revolution
- Balfour Declaration
- a Egyptian president who was assassinated for his role in the signing of the Camp David Peace Accords.
- b This holy book greatly influenced the Jewish religion and culture.
- c The First Century A.D. dispersion of the Jewish people from the lands of Palestine by the Roman Empire.
- d The English support of a Jewish homeland in the region of Palestine during World War I.
- e This 1979 revolution resulted in the establishment of an Islamic State.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A strategic waterway connecting the Persian Gulf with the Gulf of Oman. Very vital for the world's supply of petroleum.
- Israel acquired the lands of the Golan Heights, West Bank, and Gaza Strip.
- This conflict often led to tensions that contributed to terrorism in the region.
- This man seized the Suez Canal from the British in order to gain control of the nation of Egypt's vital resources.
- An organized group of oil producing nations which established production quotas to control the price of oil.
5 True/False questions
A Muezzin → Minority population in modern day Iraq who have sought self-rule.
Golden Age of Moslem Culture → Developed the foundations of modern science and math
The Crusades → This series of religious wars opened up trade between Europe and the Middle East, and also fostered tension between Muslims and Christians.
Neolithic Revolution → The development of farming that brought about the establishment of permanent settlements.
Camp David Peace Accords → The peace agreement between the nation of Egypt and Israel in 1979 acknowledging Israel's sovereignty.