5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Camp David Peace Accords
- Iranian Revolution
- David Ben-Gurion, Golda Meir, and Menachem Begin
- a An ancient kingdom that developed along the Tigris and Euphrates river valley.
- b The peace agreement between the nation of Egypt and Israel in 1979 acknowledging Israel's sovereignty.
- c This holy book greatly influenced the Jewish religion and culture.
- d Leaders of the modern state of Israel.
- e This 1979 revolution resulted in the establishment of an Islamic State.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A strategic waterway vital to trade, which connects the Mediterranean Sea with the Red Sea
- This conflict often led to tensions that contributed to terrorism in the region.
- An organized group of oil producing nations which established production quotas to control the price of oil.
- Minority population in modern day Iraq who have sought self-rule.
- An individual who calls Muslims to pray five times a day.
5 True/False questions
Neolithic Revolution → This 1979 revolution resulted in the establishment of an Islamic State.
Five Pillars of Faith → A major obstacle in the economic developement in the Middle East.
Strait of Hormuz → A strategic waterway connecting the Persian Gulf with the Gulf of Oman. Very vital for the world's supply of petroleum.
Theocracy → A political system in which fundamental Islamic laws govern the people and the lands. Iran is currently a theocracy.
Anwar Sadat → Egyptian president who was assassinated for his role in the signing of the Camp David Peace Accords.