5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 1967 Arab-Israeli Six Day War
- Camp David Peace Accords
- Golden Age of Moslem Culture
- Five Pillars of Faith
- Scarcity of Water
- a The peace agreement between the nation of Egypt and Israel in 1979 acknowledging Israel's sovereignty.
- b Israel acquired the lands of the Golan Heights, West Bank, and Gaza Strip.
- c Developed the foundations of modern science and math
- d These Islamic beliefs established guidelines for living.
- e A major obstacle in the economic developement in the Middle East.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Leaders of the modern state of Israel.
- The English support of a Jewish homeland in the region of Palestine during World War I.
- This man seized the Suez Canal from the British in order to gain control of the nation of Egypt's vital resources.
- This series of religious wars opened up trade between Europe and the Middle East, and also fostered tension between Muslims and Christians.
- A belief that the laws of Islam should guide the people of the Middle East. This provides the greatest threat to stability in parts of the Middle East.
5 True/False questions
Anwar Sadat → Egyptian president who was assassinated for his role in the signing of the Camp David Peace Accords.
A Muezzin → An individual who calls Muslims to pray five times a day.
Mesopotamia → An ancient kingdom that developed along the Tigris and Euphrates river valley.
Kurds → Minority population in modern day Iraq who have sought self-rule.
Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) → An organized group of oil producing nations which established production quotas to control the price of oil.