5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gamal Nasser
- David Ben-Gurion, Golda Meir, and Menachem Begin
- Five Pillars of Faith
- a This man seized the Suez Canal from the British in order to gain control of the nation of Egypt's vital resources.
- b Leaders of the modern state of Israel.
- c This holy book greatly influenced the Jewish religion and culture.
- d These Islamic beliefs established guidelines for living.
- e The First Century A.D. dispersion of the Jewish people from the lands of Palestine by the Roman Empire.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An organized group of oil producing nations which established production quotas to control the price of oil.
- This conflict often led to tensions that contributed to terrorism in the region.
- The English support of a Jewish homeland in the region of Palestine during World War I.
- A belief that the laws of Islam should guide the people of the Middle East. This provides the greatest threat to stability in parts of the Middle East.
- Minority population in modern day Iraq who have sought self-rule.
5 True/False questions
Mesopotamia → An ancient kingdom that developed along the Tigris and Euphrates river valley.
Strait of Hormuz → A major obstacle in the economic developement in the Middle East.
The Crusades → A political system in which fundamental Islamic laws govern the people and the lands. Iran is currently a theocracy.
The Suez Canal → This series of religious wars opened up trade between Europe and the Middle East, and also fostered tension between Muslims and Christians.
Mustafa Kemal "Ataturk" → A major obstacle in the economic developement in the Middle East.