5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Camp David Peace Accords
- Golden Age of Moslem Culture
- Anwar Sadat
- a Egyptian president who was assassinated for his role in the signing of the Camp David Peace Accords.
- b The peace agreement between the nation of Egypt and Israel in 1979 acknowledging Israel's sovereignty.
- c A political system in which fundamental Islamic laws govern the people and the lands. Iran is currently a theocracy.
- d An ancient kingdom that developed along the Tigris and Euphrates river valley.
- e Developed the foundations of modern science and math
5 Multiple choice questions
- The English support of a Jewish homeland in the region of Palestine during World War I.
- These Islamic beliefs established guidelines for living.
- This series of religious wars opened up trade between Europe and the Middle East, and also fostered tension between Muslims and Christians.
- Leaders of the modern state of Israel.
- The Islamic leader who established an Islamic fundamentalist government in Iran in 1979.
5 True/False questions
Mustafa Kemal "Ataturk" → Used western practices to modernize the nation of Turkey.
Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) → This 1979 revolution resulted in the establishment of an Islamic State.
Islamic Fundamentalism → A belief that the laws of Islam should guide the people of the Middle East. This provides the greatest threat to stability in parts of the Middle East.
A Muezzin → An individual who calls Muslims to pray five times a day.
Iranian Revolution → The development of farming that brought about the establishment of permanent settlements.