Create an account
What are the differences of endocrine regulation and neural regulation.
Hormonal regulation response is a lot slower but the effects tend to last longer than neural regulation
what is the difference in exocrine glands and endocrine?
exocrine excrete things such as sweat and saliva out of the body whereas endocrine glads excrete things like hormones into the bloodstream
What are the 5 Hormonal actions on target cells
1. Alter plasma membrane permeability, of membrane potential by opening or closing ion channels
2. Stimulate synthesis of proteins or regulatory molecules
3. Activate or deactivate enzyme systems
4. Induce secretory activity
5. Stimulate mitosis
What are the steps of cAMP signaling mechanism
1. Hormone binds to the receptor
2. Receptor activates G protein
3. G protein activates adenylate cylase
4. Adenylate cyclase converts ATP to cAMP
5. cAMP activates protein kinases
what regulates Growth hormone?
GHRH- growth hormone releasing hormone
GHIH- grwoth hormone inhibiting hormone
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together