5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what produces Growth hormone?
- what are the 3 ways hormones are stimulated
- what are the gonadotropins?
- what are steroids synthesized from?
- what are the two steroidal hormones?
- a FSH, LH,
- b humoral, neural, hormonal
- c gonadal and adrenocortical
- d somatotrophs
- e cholesterol
5 Multiple choice questions
- exocrine excrete things such as sweat and saliva out of the body whereas endocrine glads excrete things like hormones into the bloodstream
- 1. Hormone binds to the receptor
2. Receptor activates G protein
3. G protein activates adenylate cylase
4. Adenylate cyclase converts ATP to cAMP
5. cAMP activates protein kinases
- through the blood
- 1. Alter plasma membrane permeability, of membrane potential by opening or closing ion channels
2. Stimulate synthesis of proteins or regulatory molecules
3. Activate or deactivate enzyme systems
4. Induce secretory activity
5. Stimulate mitosis
5 True/False questions
Name the 5 endocrine glands → FSH, LH,
chemicals that exert effects on the same cells tat secrete them → paracrines
what produces thyroid stimulating hormone? → somatotrophs
how are the anterior pituitary hormones classified? → all are proteins
are autocrines and paracrines considered to be part of the endocrine system? → exocrine excrete things such as sweat and saliva out of the body whereas endocrine glads excrete things like hormones into the bloodstream