5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- chemicals that exert effects on the same cells tat secrete them
- what are the effects of hyper secretion of GH
- what produces thyroid stimulating hormone?
- how are the anterior pituitary hormones classified?
- what has both neural and hormonal functions?
- a the hypothalamus
- b autocrines
- c gigantism
- d all are proteins
- e thyrotrophs
5 Multiple choice questions
- Hormonal regulation response is a lot slower but the effects tend to last longer than neural regulation
- GHRH- growth hormone releasing hormone
GHIH- grwoth hormone inhibiting hormone
- through the blood
- prolactin-inhibiting hormone
5 True/False questions
what are the 4 amino acid-based hormones → amino acid based hormones and steroids
what are the gonadotropins? → FSH, LH,
what stimulates TSH → Thyrotropin-releasing hormone
what are the two main classes of hormones? → gonadal and adrenocortical
what is the difference in exocrine glands and endocrine? → exocrine excrete things such as sweat and saliva out of the body whereas endocrine glads excrete things like hormones into the bloodstream