5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what produces Growth hormone?
- chemicals that exert effects on the same cells tat secrete them
- what is the difference in exocrine glands and endocrine?
- What are the differences of endocrine regulation and neural regulation.
- what are the gonadotropins?
- a FSH, LH,
- b exocrine excrete things such as sweat and saliva out of the body whereas endocrine glads excrete things like hormones into the bloodstream
- c autocrines
- d Hormonal regulation response is a lot slower but the effects tend to last longer than neural regulation
- e somatotrophs
5 Multiple choice questions
- GH, TSH, ACTH, FSH, LH, PRL
- through the blood
- the hypothalamus
5 True/False questions
are autocrines and paracrines considered to be part of the endocrine system? → exocrine excrete things such as sweat and saliva out of the body whereas endocrine glads excrete things like hormones into the bloodstream
What are the 5 Hormonal actions on target cells → amines, thyroxine, peptides, and proteins
what are the effects of prolactin? → stimulates milk productoin
what are steroids synthesized from? → gonadal and adrenocortical
what stimulates TSH → GHRH- growth hormone releasing hormone
GHIH- grwoth hormone inhibiting hormone