5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what are the gonadotropins?
- what are the effects of prolactin?
- what produces Growth hormone?
- How are hormones transported?
- what are the 4 amino acid-based hormones
- a through the blood
- b FSH, LH,
- c stimulates milk productoin
- d somatotrophs
- e amines, thyroxine, peptides, and proteins
5 Multiple choice questions
- the lactotrophs
- 1. Alter plasma membrane permeability, of membrane potential by opening or closing ion channels
2. Stimulate synthesis of proteins or regulatory molecules
3. Activate or deactivate enzyme systems
4. Induce secretory activity
5. Stimulate mitosis
- 1. Hormone binds to the receptor
2. Receptor activates G protein
3. G protein activates adenylate cylase
4. Adenylate cyclase converts ATP to cAMP
5. cAMP activates protein kinases
- GHRH- growth hormone releasing hormone
GHIH- grwoth hormone inhibiting hormone
- Thyrotropin-releasing hormone
5 True/False questions
what are the effects of hyper secretion of GH → gigantism
what are the effects of hypo secretion → gigantism
what has both neural and hormonal functions? → stimulates milk productoin
what produces thyroid stimulating hormone? → somatotrophs
Name the 6 Anterior pituitary hormones → GH, TSH, ACTH, FSH, LH, PRL