5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what are the gonadotropins?
- locally acting chemicals that affect cells other than those that secrete them
- are autocrines and paracrines considered to be part of the endocrine system?
- what are the effects of prolactin?
- what are the effects of hyper secretion of GH
- a stimulates milk productoin
- b gigantism
- c paracrines
- d FSH, LH,
- e No
5 Multiple choice questions
- through the blood
- amines, thyroxine, peptides, and proteins
- GHRH- growth hormone releasing hormone
GHIH- grwoth hormone inhibiting hormone
- humoral, neural, hormonal
5 True/False questions
what are the two steroidal hormones? → gonadal and adrenocortical
how are the anterior pituitary hormones classified? → GH, TSH, ACTH, FSH, LH, PRL
what are the effects of hypo secretion → pituitary dwarfism
what produces thyroid stimulating hormone? → somatotrophs
chemicals that exert effects on the same cells tat secrete them → autocrines