Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (16)
1. I ______ sleep last night. It was so hot!
1. I ___COULDN'T___ sleep last night. It was so hot!
2. When I was five or six, I ______ do a handstand, but I ______ now.
2. When I was five or six, I ___COULD___ do a handstand, but I __CAN'T____ now.
3. My late grandfather ______ speak French and my father ______ say a few words of Spanish. I ______ speak anything but English.
3. My late grandfather ____COULD__ speak French and my father ____CAN__ say a few words of Spanish. I _CAN'T_____ speak anything but English.
4. We're having a dinner party next Saturday, but Roger ______ come.
4. We're having a dinner party next Saturday, but Roger __CAN'T____ come.
5. When I met Darren last year, he ______ swim. He was terrified of the water. Now he ______ swim like a fish!
5. When I met Darren last year, he __COULDN'T____ swim. He was terrified of the water. Now he ___CAN___ swim like a fish!
6. I ______ finish my lunch today. I just wasn't hungry at all.
6. I ___COULDN'T___ finish my lunch today. I just wasn't hungry at all.
7. There are so many different ice creams to choose from. I ______ decide. You choose for me.
7. There are so many different ice creams to choose from. I __CAN'T____ decide. You choose for me.
8. I ______ find Ben and then I found him in the garden. Now I ______ find him again. He keeps disappearing!
8. I __COULDN'T____ find Ben and then I found him in the garden. Now I __CAN'T____ find him again. He keeps disappearing!
1. very / can / violin / . / the / brother / my / well / play
1. My brother can play the violin very well.
2. I / see / tomorrow / . / because / can't / I'm / very / busy / you
2. I can't see you tomorrow because I'm very busy.
3. me / you / this / ? / with / help / bag / can
3. Can you help me with this bag?
4. but / can / . / English / , / I / speak / French / not
4. I can speak English, but not French.
5. ? / loud / noise / that / you / hear / can
5. Can you hear that loud noise?
6. can / ? / your / do / dog / any / tricks
6. Can your dog do any tricks?
7. 49 / my / is / can't / ! / old / years / she / and / swim / mother
7. My mother is 49 years old and she can't swim!
8. people / see / . / they / blind / can / but / well / very / often / can't
8. Blind people can't see but they can often see very well.
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Present Perfect Continuous
Our World 4 unit 5
Passive Voice - modals - (practice)
Mosaic 2 ESO- Unit 6
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Sentence completion (1)
Sitton High Frequency Words
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
CONTEMPORARY TOPICS UNIT 7 REVISION - Choose the b…
Elementary quantifiers revision