5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Decision Matrix
- Solid Modeling
- a A type of fluid power that uses compressed air or other neutral gases.
- b A tool for systematically ranking alternatives according to a set of criteria.
- c A part or element of a larger whole.
- d A type of 3D CAD modeling that represents the volume of an object, not just its lines and surfaces. This allows for analysis of the object's mass properties.
- e The promotion and selling of products or services.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A person who designs any of a variety of things. This usually implies the task of creating drawings or in some ways uses visual cues to organize his or her work.
- A written plan that identifies a problem to be solved, its criteria, and its constraints. The design brief is used to encourage thinking of all aspects of a problem before attempting a solution.
- A drawing that shows the various parts of an item when assembled.
- Energy transmitted and controlled by means of a pressurized fluid, either liquid or gas. The term fluid power applies to both hydraulics and pneumatics.
- 1. A limit to a design process. Constraints may be such things as appearance, funding, space, materials, and human capabilities. 2. A limitation or restriction.
5 True/False questions
Accuracy → A group of machine or handmade parts that fit together to form a self-contained unit.
Problem Statement → A part of design brief that clearly and concisely identifies a client's or target consumer's problem, need, or want.
Design Statement → A part of design brief that clearly and concisely identifies a client's or target consumer's problem, need, or want.
Target Consumer → A person or group for which product or service design efforts are intended.
Consensus → A part or element of a larger whole.