5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Assembly Drawing
- Design Statement
- a A part of design brief that challenges the designer, describes what a design solution should do without describing how to solve the problem, and identifies the degree to which the solution must be executed.
- b A group of machine or handmade parts that fit together to form a self-contained unit.
- c A drawing that shows the various parts of an item when assembled.
- d A type of fluid power that uses pressurized liquid, for example, oil or water.
- e A type of fluid power that uses compressed air or other neutral gases.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A type of 3D CAD modeling that represents the volume of an object, not just its lines and surfaces. This allows for analysis of the object's mass properties.
- A collection of individuals, each with his/her own expertise, brought together to benefit a common goal.
- The reason for which something is done or for which something exists.
- 1. A limit to a design process. Constraints may be such things as appearance, funding, space, materials, and human capabilities. 2. A limitation or restriction.
- A systematic problem-solving strategy, with criteria and constraints, used to develop many possible solutions to solve a problem or satisfy human needs and wants and to winnow (narrow) down the possible solutions to one final choice.
5 True/False questions
Accuracy → A group of machine or handmade parts that fit together to form a self-contained unit.
Consensus → General agreement.
Component → General agreement.
Problem Statement → A part of design brief that challenges the designer, describes what a design solution should do without describing how to solve the problem, and identifies the degree to which the solution must be executed.
Design Brief → A person who designs any of a variety of things. This usually implies the task of creating drawings or in some ways uses visual cues to organize his or her work.