5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Problem Statement
- Design Process
- Design Brief
- Multiview Drawing
- a A systematic problem-solving strategy, with criteria and constraints, used to develop many possible solutions to solve a problem or satisfy human needs and wants and to winnow (narrow) down the possible solutions to one final choice.
- b A written plan that identifies a problem to be solved, its criteria, and its constraints. The design brief is used to encourage thinking of all aspects of a problem before attempting a solution.
- c A part or element of a larger whole.
- d A part of design brief that clearly and concisely identifies a client's or target consumer's problem, need, or want.
- e Views of an object projected onto two or more orthographic planes.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The promotion and selling of products or services.
- Energy transmitted and controlled by means of a pressurized fluid, either liquid or gas. The term fluid power applies to both hydraulics and pneumatics.
- A type of 3D CAD modeling that represents the volume of an object, not just its lines and surfaces. This allows for analysis of the object's mass properties.
- A tool for systematically ranking alternatives according to a set of criteria.
- A person who designs any of a variety of things. This usually implies the task of creating drawings or in some ways uses visual cues to organize his or her work.
5 True/False questions
Target Consumer → A person or group for which product or service design efforts are intended.
Design Statement → A part of design brief that challenges the designer, describes what a design solution should do without describing how to solve the problem, and identifies the degree to which the solution must be executed.
Team → 1. The condition or quality of being true, correct, or exact; precision; exactness. 2. The degree of correctness of a quantity or expression.
Pneumatics → A type of fluid power that uses compressed air or other neutral gases.
Consensus → General agreement.