5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Multiview Drawing
- Design Statement
- a Views of an object projected onto two or more orthographic planes.
- b A part of design brief that challenges the designer, describes what a design solution should do without describing how to solve the problem, and identifies the degree to which the solution must be executed.
- c The promotion and selling of products or services.
- d A collection of individuals, each with his/her own expertise, brought together to benefit a common goal.
- e 1. The condition or quality of being true, correct, or exact; precision; exactness. 2. The degree of correctness of a quantity or expression.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A group of machine or handmade parts that fit together to form a self-contained unit.
- A tool for systematically ranking alternatives according to a set of criteria.
- A part or element of a larger whole.
- 1. A limit to a design process. Constraints may be such things as appearance, funding, space, materials, and human capabilities. 2. A limitation or restriction.
- A person who designs any of a variety of things. This usually implies the task of creating drawings or in some ways uses visual cues to organize his or her work.
5 True/False questions
Design Process → A systematic problem-solving strategy, with criteria and constraints, used to develop many possible solutions to solve a problem or satisfy human needs and wants and to winnow (narrow) down the possible solutions to one final choice.
Pneumatics → A type of fluid power that uses pressurized liquid, for example, oil or water.
Fluid Power → Energy transmitted and controlled by means of a pressurized fluid, either liquid or gas. The term fluid power applies to both hydraulics and pneumatics.
Problem Statement → A part of design brief that clearly and concisely identifies a client's or target consumer's problem, need, or want.
Purpose → The reason for which something is done or for which something exists.