Upgrade to remove ads
Archery Study Guide
The Archery Study Guide will help you prepare for the quiz. This study guide only contains a diagram of the target, the history of Archery, and the rules of the game.
Terms in this set (23)
Yellow - 9/10 points
Red - 7/8 points
Blue - 5/6 points
Black - 3/4 points
White - 1/2 points
Petticoat (area outside the white circle) - 0 points
Archery was declared a sport where and when?
England, in the 1500's.
Where and when was the first Archery contest held?
Yorkshire England, in 1637.
When were woman excepted to participate in Archery?
When did the English bring Archery to the America?
In 1828 what did America create?
The United Bowmen of Philadelphia.
What was founded in 1879?
The National Archery Association.
What was adopted in into the Olympics in 1972?
The odd colored feather on the arrow. It is set at a right angle to the nock. THIS FEATHER MUST BE FACING UP WHEN THE ARROW IS NOCKED!
The act of pulling the bowstring to the proper distance, this distance is also known as the anchor point.
The round of 6 arrows shot in succession.
The 3 feathers on the arrow that guide the flight of the arrow.
Putting the arrow on the string.
Also called the skirt, this is the white area outside of the scoring area (worth 0 points).
Receptacle used for holding arrows.
A rectangular or round board marked with concentric circles used in archery.
What are the 7 steps of shooting?
1) STANCE - Feet are shoulder width apart; shooter is at a right angle to the target with eyes directly on the target.
2) NOCK - Arrow placed with the cockfeather facing up and slipping the notch over the bowstring.
3) DRAW - 3 middle fingers are used to pull back on the bow.
4) ANCHOR - Draw hand is at side of face with the elbow straight back.
5) AIM - Eye on target.
6) RELEASE - All fingers open at the same time and the string rolls off your fingers.
7) FOLLOW THROUGH - Hold your stance and study your shoot.
How do you score in Archery?
Line Breaker or also known as Line Cutter are arrows that hit between 2 colors and receive a HIGHER POINT value
Petticoat = 0
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Study Guide For Archery Quiz tomorrow: COMPLETE
Pe II archery
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Comm. Arts Final Study Guide (8th Grade)
Social Studies Final Study Guide (8th Grade)
Unit 3 The Middle East Study Guide
Motion Study Guide
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Basketball Study Guide
Badminton Study Guide