Sports Medicine Final Study Guide
Define sports medicine
Sports medicine refers to the care of physically active who have suffered an athletic related injury or illness.
How do you become a certified athletic trainer?
Degree in athletic training including instruction in the domains. Clinical education experience, passing the boards test and keeping up with current requirements.
Name 3 members of the sports medicine team
team doctor, athletic trainer, physical therapist
Name 3/6 of the domains and at least three of their aspects
Injury prevention , Evaluation and Diagnosis & Immediate Care
• Physical Conditioning
• Appropriate equipment
• Appropriate training
Evaluation and Diagnosis
• recognize both general medical conditions and musculoskeletal and nerve injuries
• Decide what needs to be done to care for the injury
• Make appropriate referrals, if necessary
• Determine life-threatening injury or illness and care for them appropriately
• Apply appropriate First Aid
• Establish Emergency Action Plans (EAPs)
Name 2 of the synovial joints
1. Ball and Socket - ball-shaped head of one bone with cup-shaped cavity of another (hip and shoulder)
2. Gliding - sliding or twisting ( wrist and ankle bones)
Refers to the front of the body
Refers to the back of the body
Body part is closer to the midline
Body part is located away from the midline
Refers to one part being higher than an other
Refers to one point being lower then and other
Close to skin
Away from body surface
Occurs when a ball-and- socket joint move in several directions with one movement
When you move something in a superior direction
When you move something in an inferior direction
Pushing out (bench/push-ups)
Pulling in (scapulae squeezes together)
The joint bending (bicep curls)
The joint straightening out (tri extends)
Movement away from the body midline
Moving a body part toward the midline
Name 3 bones
1. Skull - Cranium, Mandible and Maxilla.
2. Arm - humerus, radius and ulna.
3. Chest - Sternum and Ribs.
Name 3 advantages of taping
1. less bulky
2. allows adaptation to individual anatomy
3. athlete preference
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Unit 3 vocab
legal aspects of sport injury, Sports Medicine Team, Injury Nomenclature: 28 total terms * must know all!!!! ( part 1 exam review)
Athletic Training Quizzes
Swedish Massage 2,6,7,8,10 Mid Term written
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Plant ID 11
Plant ID 10
Horticulture 1 Test 3 Study
Plant ID 9 Tropicals