Scheduled maintenance: Saturday, March 6 from 3–4 PM PST
Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (51)
The latent image is
The image on the radiographic film before processing but after exposure.
Which of the following statements is true about the development step in film processing?
Developing is the first step in the processing film.
When the film exits the film processor, you notice that it appears foggy and lacks detail. Which of the following could be a possible solution to prevent this from occurring with the next patient's film?
Eliminate light leaks
You have just taken your film from the water bath, and you notice white spots on the radiographs. How can you prevent this from occurring in the future?
Gently agitate fixer and developer with the film rack to disperse the air bubbles when placing the film rack in the developer or fixer solution
All of your anterior radiographs have a single crescent shaped radiolucent line toward the Invisalign's edge of the radiograph. What is the most likely cause of this?
Improper opening of the film packet
You noticed that the top of two of your radiographs is black when you take them out of the manual processing tanks. Which of the following was the cause of this ?
Fixer cut off
When comparing current patient radiographs to radiographs taken several years ago, you noticed that the radiographs taken several years ago have a yellowish brown appearance. You realize that you have seen the same type of spotting with other radiographs that were taken several years ago. What is the cause of this?
Insufficient water bath
You have just developed a set of bitewings. When they come out of the automatic processor, the radiographs are clear. What is the cause of this error?
Fixer and developer tanks were switched
You notice that the top quarter of one of your bitewings is black. The other three bitewings that you put in the automatic processor were fine. What is the cause of this error?
Darkroom foot was opened before film was completely in automatic proccesor
The overall appearance of your film is too dark. Which of the following is the cause of this error ?
Film was in developer too long.
All excess chemicals are removed from the emulsion during
Concentrated powder and liquid film processing solutions are mixed with __ before use.
To maintain freshness, strength, and solution levels, film processing and set tank solutions must be replenished
Normal use of processing chemistry is defined as __ intraoral films per day.
The black shades and the distinct contrast of the radio graphic image are created by __ In the developer solution.
Developer solution should be kept at __ degrees Fahrenheit for optimum developing conditions.
The chemical responsible for creating the gray shades on the radiographs is?
Developer solution will not be effective below
60 degrees Fahrenheit
(1) developer chemicals contain a preservative that prevent the chemical from oxidizing when exposed to air. (2) sodium carbonate is the preservative used in developer solutions
The first statement is true; the second is false
From where will you retrieve your film when it exits the automatic processor?
Film feed slot
The developer solution contains a preservative to prevent oxidation when the chemicals come in contact with __.
(1) potassium bromide, an alkaline accelerator, activates the developer solution and softens the gelatin in the film emulsion. (2) sodium carbonate, the restrainer, prevents film fog by stopping the development of the silver halide crystals.
(1) the developer chemicals should be checked and replenished if needed on a daily basis. (2) the fixer chemicals should be checked and replenished if needed on a daily basis.
The first is true; the second is false
(1) the radiolucent image on the film becomes more visible during the development stage when the developing agent, sodium thiosulfate or ammonium thiosulfate, removes the unexposed, underdeveloped silver halide crystals from the film emulsion. (2) continued development of the crystals during the diving process is prevented by the acidifier, acetic or sulfuric acid, in the fixer.
The first is false; the second is true.
(1) acetic acid in the fixture acts as a preservative to prevent chemical breakdown of the fixing agent. (2). Potassium alum contracts and solidifies the gelatin in the film emulsion during the fixation process.
The first is false; the second is true
The film that you just developed is dull gray and lacks contrast. Which of the following should prevent this from occurring?
The safe light should be at least 4 ft away from the film.
Safe lighting is a __ intensity light composed of __ wavelengths if the visible light spectrum.
Safe lighting is in the __ portion of the visible light spectrum.
Films that are exposed to safelight illumination for more than 2 or 3 mins will appear
Your radiograph has thin diverging black lines on it. What is the most likely cause of this?
Humidity levels are too low, and you opened the packet too quickly
Which of the following statements is true of manual processing tanks?
The two insert tanks fit in the tank master
The lid of the processing tank prevents which of the following from occurring?
Oxidation and evaporation of the chemicals
(1) the temperatures of the developer and fixer solutions are controlled by the mixing value. (2) a thermometer is put inside the developer tank for manual processing.
The first is true; the second is false
Which of the following statements is true of automatic film processors ?
Only automatic film processors with daylight loaders may be used in a room with white light.
A timer is used to indicate time intervals during which if the following steps of manual processing?
Developer solution, rinse water, fixer solution, wash water
Film hangers are a device used ti
Hold films during processing
The purpose of the stirring rod is to
Mix the chemicals and equalize the temperature of the solutions.
Developer solution should be changed __ fixer solution.
At the same time as
(1) The developer solution becomes depleted from evaporation and the removal of small amounts of solution from the tank on the film hanger and films. (2) with time and use, the developer solution decreases in volume but increases in strength.
The first is true; the second is false
An exhasuted developer produces a radiograph with
Reduced density and reduced contrast
Exhausted fixer produces a radiograph
That will turn yellow brown color because exhausted fixer does not stop the chemical reaction.
(1) the master and insert tanks must be cleaned with a solution of hydrochloric acid and water each time the solutions are changed, (2) because deposits form on the inside walls of the insert tanks from an interaction between mineral salts in the water and carbonate in the processing solutions.
The major advantage of automatic film processing versus manual film processing is
Less processing time is required
Which of the following statements is true of automatic processing?
The film is transported directly from the developer solution into the fixer without a rinsing step.
An extraoral cleaning film is used to
Clean residual gelatin or dirt from the rollers
Requires the use of a film duplicator
Underdeveloped films may result from
Low developer temperature
Overdeveloped films may result from
Overconcentrated developer solution
Reticulation means the film appears
Insufficient fixation time or insufficient rinsing would lead to
Yellow brown films
Developer cutoff appears as a
Straight white border on the film
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
The Axial Skeleton
MEMBRANE POTENTIAL Test Questions
Bio 241 Chapter 4
Biology organic molecules
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
EMT B Chapter 1 Test
Psych Exam 3 YSU Dr. Fry
2.2 Clinical Depression (Exam Q's highlighted)