5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Needs-based strategic position
- Low-cost strategy
- Supply chain
- Access-based strategic position
- Goal conflict
- a occurs when a decision or action of a subsystem is inconsistent with the goals of another subsystem or the system as a whole.
- b All the stages in the production process from obtaining raw materials to selling to the consumer - from point of origin to point of consumption
- c involves trying to serve most of all of the needs of a particular group of customers in a target market.
- d striving to be the most efficient producer of a product or service
- e involves serving a subset of customers who differ from other other customers in terms of factors such as geographic location or size, which creates different requirements for serving those customers.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a system that collects, records, stores, and processes data to produce information for decision makers.
- are facts that are collected, recorded, stored, and processed by an information system
- required to conduct business with external parties such as purchase orders and customer billings
- the condition that exists when the organization's parts interact to produce a joint effect that is greater than the sum of the parts acting alone
- uses data warehouses and complex algorithms to forecast future events, based on historical trends and calculated probabilities.
5 True/False questions
Support activities → Supports primary activities
Value chain → The series of departments that carry out value-creating activities to design, produce, market, deliver, and support a firm's products.
Integration → data converted into a meaningful and useful context
Operational control → related to the effective and efficient performance of specific tasks
Variety-based strategic position → involves serving a subset of customers who differ from other other customers in terms of factors such as geographic location or size, which creates different requirements for serving those customers.