5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Discretionary information
- Structured decisions
- Semistructured decisons
- Supply chain
- Value of information
- a are characterized by incomplete decision making rules and the need for subjective assessments and judgments to supplement formal data analysis
- b is the benefit produced by the information minus the cost of producing it
- c information that is available only to certain internal users
- d All the stages in the production process from obtaining raw materials to selling to the consumer - from point of origin to point of consumption
- e repetitive, routine, and understood well enough that they can be delegated to lower level employees in the organization
5 Multiple choice questions
- related to the effective and efficient performance of specific tasks
- involves trying to serve most of all of the needs of a particular group of customers in a target market.
- A set of 2 or more interrelated components that interact to achieve a goal. They are almost always composed of smaller subsystems, each performing a specific function important to and supportive of the larger system of which it is a part.
- the state of having more information than one can process
- The series of departments that carry out value-creating activities to design, produce, market, deliver, and support a firm's products.
5 True/False questions
Goal congruence → is achieved when a subsystem achieves its goal while contributing to the organization's overall goal.
Unstructured decisions → repetitive, routine, and understood well enough that they can be delegated to lower level employees in the organization
Accounting information system (AIS) → a system that collects, records, stores, and processes data to produce information for decision makers.
Product differentiation strategy → striving to be the most efficient producer of a product or service
Management control → relates to the effective and efficient use of resources for accomplishing organizational objectives.