5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Value chain
- Needs-based strategic position
- Strategic planning
- a involves trying to serve most of all of the needs of a particular group of customers in a target market.
- b data converted into a meaningful and useful context
- c the condition that exists when the organization's parts interact to produce a joint effect that is greater than the sum of the parts acting alone
- d The process of determining the major goals of the organization and the policies and strategies for obtaining and using resources to achieve those goals.
- e The series of departments that carry out value-creating activities to design, produce, market, deliver, and support a firm's products.
5 Multiple choice questions
- involves serving a subset of customers who differ from other other customers in terms of factors such as geographic location or size, which creates different requirements for serving those customers.
- usually required by a government entity such as a report to the IRS on taxable income and withholding
- is achieved when a subsystem achieves its goal while contributing to the organization's overall goal.
- a systems analysis principle that sates that changes in subsystems cannot be made without considering the effect on other subsystems and the system as a whole
- are characterized by incomplete decision making rules and the need for subjective assessments and judgments to supplement formal data analysis
5 True/False questions
Data → A set of 2 or more interrelated components that interact to achieve a goal. They are almost always composed of smaller subsystems, each performing a specific function important to and supportive of the larger system of which it is a part.
Primary activities → activities in the value chain that are performed to create, market, and deliver products and services to customers and provide post-delivery service and support. Primary activities include production, shipping and receiving, and marketing
Variety-based strategic position → involves serving a subset of customers who differ from other other customers in terms of factors such as geographic location or size, which creates different requirements for serving those customers.
Essential information → usually required by a government entity such as a report to the IRS on taxable income and withholding
Operational control → related to the effective and efficient performance of specific tasks