5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Wrote many famous Greek tragedies including Oedipus Rex.
- b Member of the nobility or the upper-class
- c form of government in which a small group holds political power
- d Athenian general/leader who lead the Athenian Navy to victory over the Persians at the battle at Salamis.
- e a form of government in which the citizens hold power
5 Multiple choice questions
- Building used for worship; also a place of refuge
- Describing the artistic style of ancient Greece and Rome, characterized by balance, elegance, and simplicity
- Lead Athens through its Golden Age. Was responsible for rebuilding the city including its most famous structure, the Parthenon.
- Wrote many famous Greek tragedies. Plays such as The Trojan Women, show the misery that war brings
- A military formation in which foot soldiers stood so that their shields overlapped
5 True/False questions
Tyrant → A person who seized power and established one-man rule
Polis → City-state of Ancient Greece
Tragedy → a story or play intended to entertain and amuse, usually with a happy ending
Plato → A teacher and author. He opened a school called The Academy. He wrote The Republic, the earliest book on political science.
Homer → a story or play intended to entertain and amuse, usually with a happy ending