5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ionic bonds
- synthesis reaction
- a Bond formed when electrons are completely transferred from one atom to another.
- b Heavier isotopes of certain atoms are unstable and tend to decompose to become more stable.
- c Substances that conduct an electrical current in solutions.
- d Occur when two or more atoms or molecules combine to form a larger, more complex molecule. A+B->AB
- e A large group of organic compounds - contain carbon, hydrogen and oxygen with more carbon and hydrogens than oxygens.
5 Multiple choice questions
- nucleic acid found in all living cells:carries the organism's hereditary information.
- Involve both synthesis and decomposition reactions. AB+C->AC+B and AB+CD->AD+CB
- Provides a form of chemical energy that all body cells can use. WIthout this, molecules cannot be made or broken down, cells cannot maintain boundaries, and all life processes stop.
- small molecules that are the building blocks of proteins.
- Negatively charged atomic particles.
5 True/False questions
ribonucleic acid(RNA) → the nucleic acids that contains ribose acts in protein synthesis. Present in all living cells. Principal role is to aid as a messenger carrying instructions from DNA for controlling the synthesis of proteins.
Nucleic Acids → small molecules that are the building blocks of proteins.
Dehydration synthesis → A water molecule is lost and forms a bond.
Chemical reaction → Occur when two or more atoms or molecules combine to form a larger, more complex molecule. A+B->AB
Elements → Unique substances that cannot be broken down into simpler substances by ordinary chemical methods.