5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Neutralization reaction
- Ionic bonds
- Deoxyribonucleic acid
- a functional proteins that act as biological catalysts. A catalyst is a substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction without becoming part of the product or being changed itself.
- b nucleic acid found in all living cells:carries the organism's hereditary information.
- c The type of exchange reaction in which an acid and a base interact.
- d Bond formed when electrons are completely transferred from one atom to another.
- e Anything that has mass and takes up space.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Determine what type of or
- a homogenous mixture of two or more components.
- Substances that conduct an electrical current in solutions.
- An atoms outermost electron shell.
- Involve both synthesis and decomposition reactions. AB+C->AC+B and AB+CD->AD+CB
5 True/False questions
Compound → the liquid in which a solute is dissolved to form a solution.
Lipids → A large group of organic compounds - contain carbon, hydrogen and oxygen with more carbon and hydrogens than oxygens.
Energy → Hydroxides ionize and dissociate in water releasing hydroxyl ions (OH-)
Chemical reaction → Occur whenever atoms combine with or dissociate from other atoms.
Inorganic compounds → Lack carbon and tend to be small, simple molecules.