5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Covalent Bond
- Deoxyribonucleic acid
- a The building blocks of elements.
- b Bond formed from molecules where atoms share electrons.
- c Atomic particles with a positive charge.
- d nucleic acid found in all living cells:carries the organism's hereditary information.
- e the liquid in which a solute is dissolved to form a solution.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Provides a form of chemical energy that all body cells can use. WIthout this, molecules cannot be made or broken down, cells cannot maintain boundaries, and all life processes stop.
- Determine what type of or
- the main building material of all cells.
- small molecules that are the building blocks of proteins.
- Bond formed when electrons are completely transferred from one atom to another.
5 True/False questions
Exchange reactions → Involve both synthesis and decomposition reactions. AB+C->AC+B and AB+CD->AD+CB
Decomposition Reaction → The type of exchange reaction in which an acid and a base interact.
Carbohydrates → Contain carbon, hydrogen and oxygen.
Bases → Hydroxides ionize and dissociate in water releasing hydroxyl ions (OH-)
Atomic Number → number given to an element equal to the number of protons its atoms contain.