5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Inorganic compounds
- Dehydration synthesis
- Chemical reaction
- a Lack carbon and tend to be small, simple molecules.
- b Hydroxides ionize and dissociate in water releasing hydroxyl ions (OH-)
- c Heavier isotopes of certain atoms are unstable and tend to decompose to become more stable.
- d A water molecule is lost and forms a bond.
- e Occur whenever atoms combine with or dissociate from other atoms.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Substances that conduct an electrical current in solutions.
- Atomic particles with a positive charge.
- small molecules that are the building blocks of proteins.
- the nucleic acids that contains ribose acts in protein synthesis. Present in all living cells. Principal role is to aid as a messenger carrying instructions from DNA for controlling the synthesis of proteins.
- An atoms outermost electron shell.
5 True/False questions
Deoxyribonucleic acid → nucleic acid found in all living cells:carries the organism's hereditary information.
Enzyme(catalyst) → Substances that conduct an electrical current in solutions.
Carbohydrates → Heavier isotopes of certain atoms are unstable and tend to decompose to become more stable.
Elements → the liquid in which a solute is dissolved to form a solution.
Matter → The building blocks of elements.