5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Atomic Mass
- Deoxyribonucleic acid
- a When two or more different atoms bind together to form a molecule.
- b a homogenous mixture of two or more components.
- c The sum of the masses of all the protons and neutrons contained in an atoms nucleus.
- d the liquid in which a solute is dissolved to form a solution.
- e nucleic acid found in all living cells:carries the organism's hereditary information.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Charged particles
- Provides a form of chemical energy that all body cells can use. WIthout this, molecules cannot be made or broken down, cells cannot maintain boundaries, and all life processes stop.
- Lack carbon and tend to be small, simple molecules.
- A substance that can release hydrogen ions (H+) in detectable amounts. having a sour taste and can dissolve many metals of burn a hole in your rug. pH below 7
- Bond formed from molecules where atoms share electrons.
5 True/False questions
Hydrogen Bond → Extremely weak bonds formed when a hydrogen atom binds to one electron hungry nitrogen or oxygen atom is attracted to another electron hungry atom and a bridge if formed between them.
Bases → Hydroxides ionize and dissociate in water releasing hydroxyl ions (OH-)
Buffer → Anything that has mass and takes up space.
Energy → A large group of organic compounds - contain carbon, hydrogen and oxygen with more carbon and hydrogens than oxygens.
pH → The building blocks of elements.