5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Unique substances that cannot be broken down into simpler substances by ordinary chemical methods.
- b Regulates the acid base balance in the body.
- c Hydroxides ionize and dissociate in water releasing hydroxyl ions (OH-)
- d Contain carbon, hydrogen and oxygen.
- e A large group of organic compounds - contain carbon, hydrogen and oxygen with more carbon and hydrogens than oxygens.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Occurs when a molecule is broken down into smaller molecules, atoms or ions. AB->A+B
- Atomic particles with a positive charge.
- Determine what type of or
- A water molecule is lost and forms a bond.
- the liquid in which a solute is dissolved to form a solution.
5 True/False questions
synthesis reaction → Occur when two or more atoms or molecules combine to form a larger, more complex molecule. A+B->AB
Ions → Charged particles
solution → a homogenous mixture of two or more components.
proteins → Atomic particles with a positive charge.
Covalent Bond → Extremely weak bonds formed when a hydrogen atom binds to one electron hungry nitrogen or oxygen atom is attracted to another electron hungry atom and a bridge if formed between them.