5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Atomic Number
- synthesis reaction
- a The building blocks of elements.
- b Occur when two or more atoms or molecules combine to form a larger, more complex molecule. A+B->AB
- c number given to an element equal to the number of protons its atoms contain.
- d Charged particles
- e Hydroxides ionize and dissociate in water releasing hydroxyl ions (OH-)
5 Multiple choice questions
- functional proteins that act as biological catalysts. A catalyst is a substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction without becoming part of the product or being changed itself.
- Heavier isotopes of certain atoms are unstable and tend to decompose to become more stable.
- nucleic acid found in all living cells:carries the organism's hereditary information.
- Provides a form of chemical energy that all body cells can use. WIthout this, molecules cannot be made or broken down, cells cannot maintain boundaries, and all life processes stop.
- the main building material of all cells.
5 True/False questions
Energy → The building blocks of elements.
Exchange reactions → Occur whenever atoms combine with or dissociate from other atoms.
Isotopes → Atoms with the same number of protons and electrons but vary in the number of neutrons they contain.
Ionic bonds → Bond formed when electrons are completely transferred from one atom to another.
valence shell → An atoms outermost electron shell.