5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Neutralization reaction
- a A water molecule is added to each bond, the bond is broken and releases simple sugars.
- b The type of exchange reaction in which an acid and a base interact.
- c Atomic particles with a positive charge.
- d Regulates the acid base balance in the body.
- e Unique substances that cannot be broken down into simpler substances by ordinary chemical methods.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A substance that can release hydrogen ions (H+) in detectable amounts. having a sour taste and can dissolve many metals of burn a hole in your rug. pH below 7
- The ability to do work or to put matter into motion.
- Substances that conduct an electrical current in solutions.
- Hydroxides ionize and dissociate in water releasing hydroxyl ions (OH-)
- Determine what type of or
5 True/False questions
Matter → The building blocks of elements.
valence shell → Orbits or fixed regions of space around the nucleus that electrons occupy.
Ions → A large group of organic compounds - contain carbon, hydrogen and oxygen with more carbon and hydrogens than oxygens.
radioisotopes → Heavier isotopes of certain atoms are unstable and tend to decompose to become more stable.
Isotopes → Atomic particles with a positive charge.