5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- valence shell
- ribonucleic acid(RNA)
- Hydrogen Bond
- a the nucleic acids that contains ribose acts in protein synthesis. Present in all living cells. Principal role is to aid as a messenger carrying instructions from DNA for controlling the synthesis of proteins.
- b An atoms outermost electron shell.
- c Extremely weak bonds formed when a hydrogen atom binds to one electron hungry nitrogen or oxygen atom is attracted to another electron hungry atom and a bridge if formed between them.
- d The building blocks of elements.
- e Atoms with the same number of protons and electrons but vary in the number of neutrons they contain.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Anything that has mass and takes up space.
- Atomic particles with a positive charge.
- Carbon containing compounds.
- Heavier isotopes of certain atoms are unstable and tend to decompose to become more stable.
- nucleic acid found in all living cells:carries the organism's hereditary information.
5 True/False questions
Atomic Mass → The sum of the masses of all the protons and neutrons contained in an atoms nucleus.
Amino Acids → A substance that can release hydrogen ions (H+) in detectable amounts. having a sour taste and can dissolve many metals of burn a hole in your rug. pH below 7
Enzyme(catalyst) → Substances that conduct an electrical current in solutions.
Electron Shells → Orbits or fixed regions of space around the nucleus that electrons occupy.
Bases → Hydroxides ionize and dissociate in water releasing hydroxyl ions (OH-)