5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Exchange reactions
- Neutralization reaction
- a Atomic particles with a positive charge.
- b Negatively charged atomic particles.
- c The type of exchange reaction in which an acid and a base interact.
- d Regulates the acid base balance in the body.
- e Involve both synthesis and decomposition reactions. AB+C->AC+B and AB+CD->AD+CB
5 Multiple choice questions
- number given to an element equal to the number of protons its atoms contain.
- The building blocks of elements.
- Bond formed when electrons are completely transferred from one atom to another.
- Hydroxides ionize and dissociate in water releasing hydroxyl ions (OH-)
- Carbon containing compounds.
5 True/False questions
Nucleic Acids → small molecules that are the building blocks of proteins.
Compound → When two or more different atoms bind together to form a molecule.
reactant → Atomic particles with a positive charge.
Neutrons → Uncharged, or neutral atomic particles.
Hydrolysis → A water molecule is added to each bond, the bond is broken and releases simple sugars.