5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Covalent Bond
- ribonucleic acid(RNA)
- a the dissolved substance in a solution.
- b the nucleic acids that contains ribose acts in protein synthesis. Present in all living cells. Principal role is to aid as a messenger carrying instructions from DNA for controlling the synthesis of proteins.
- c When two or more atoms combine chemically.
- d Bond formed from molecules where atoms share electrons.
- e The building blocks of elements.
5 Multiple choice questions
- functional proteins that act as biological catalysts. A catalyst is a substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction without becoming part of the product or being changed itself.
- Unique substances that cannot be broken down into simpler substances by ordinary chemical methods.
- A water molecule is added to each bond, the bond is broken and releases simple sugars.
- Contain carbon, hydrogen and oxygen.
- Heavier isotopes of certain atoms are unstable and tend to decompose to become more stable.
5 True/False questions
Compound → When two or more different atoms bind together to form a molecule.
Matter → Hydroxides ionize and dissociate in water releasing hydroxyl ions (OH-)
Dehydration synthesis → A water molecule is added to each bond, the bond is broken and releases simple sugars.
reactant → Negatively charged atomic particles.
solution → the dissolved substance in a solution.