5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Exchange reactions
- Organic compounds
- Inorganic compounds
- a Carbon containing compounds.
- b A water molecule is added to each bond, the bond is broken and releases simple sugars.
- c Substances that conduct an electrical current in solutions.
- d Lack carbon and tend to be small, simple molecules.
- e Involve both synthesis and decomposition reactions. AB+C->AC+B and AB+CD->AD+CB
5 Multiple choice questions
- An atoms outermost electron shell.
- Regulates the acid base balance in the body.
- the liquid in which a solute is dissolved to form a solution.
- number given to an element equal to the number of protons its atoms contain.
- When two or more different atoms bind together to form a molecule.
5 True/False questions
Adenosine triphospate (ATP) → functional proteins that act as biological catalysts. A catalyst is a substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction without becoming part of the product or being changed itself.
Carbohydrates → Contain carbon, hydrogen and oxygen.
proteins → the main building material of all cells.
Chemical reaction → Occur when two or more atoms or molecules combine to form a larger, more complex molecule. A+B->AB
solute → a homogenous mixture of two or more components.