5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Adenosine triphospate (ATP)
- Inorganic compounds
- Decomposition Reaction
- ribonucleic acid(RNA)
- a Provides a form of chemical energy that all body cells can use. WIthout this, molecules cannot be made or broken down, cells cannot maintain boundaries, and all life processes stop.
- b Atomic particles with a positive charge.
- c Lack carbon and tend to be small, simple molecules.
- d Occurs when a molecule is broken down into smaller molecules, atoms or ions. AB->A+B
- e the nucleic acids that contains ribose acts in protein synthesis. Present in all living cells. Principal role is to aid as a messenger carrying instructions from DNA for controlling the synthesis of proteins.
5 Multiple choice questions
- small molecules that are the building blocks of proteins.
- functional proteins that act as biological catalysts. A catalyst is a substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction without becoming part of the product or being changed itself.
- Bond formed when electrons are completely transferred from one atom to another.
- When two or more atoms combine chemically.
- The type of exchange reaction in which an acid and a base interact.
5 True/False questions
radioisotopes → Atoms with the same number of protons and electrons but vary in the number of neutrons they contain.
pH → Charged particles
Energy → The ability to do work or to put matter into motion.
Organic compounds → Lack carbon and tend to be small, simple molecules.
Bases → Hydroxides ionize and dissociate in water releasing hydroxyl ions (OH-)