5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Atomic Mass
- synthesis reaction
- a A substance that can release hydrogen ions (H+) in detectable amounts. having a sour taste and can dissolve many metals of burn a hole in your rug. pH below 7
- b The building blocks of elements.
- c The sum of the masses of all the protons and neutrons contained in an atoms nucleus.
- d Occur when two or more atoms or molecules combine to form a larger, more complex molecule. A+B->AB
- e a homogenous mixture of two or more components.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the liquid in which a solute is dissolved to form a solution.
- functional proteins that act as biological catalysts. A catalyst is a substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction without becoming part of the product or being changed itself.
- Hydroxides ionize and dissociate in water releasing hydroxyl ions (OH-)
- Regulates the acid base balance in the body.
- Anything that has mass and takes up space.
5 True/False questions
Amino Acids → small molecules that are the building blocks of proteins.
protons → Atomic particles with a positive charge.
Lipids → A large group of organic compounds - contain carbon, hydrogen and oxygen with more carbon and hydrogens than oxygens.
Isotopes → Atoms with the same number of protons and electrons but vary in the number of neutrons they contain.
Ions → Charged particles