5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Atomic Mass
- Dehydration synthesis
- a functional proteins that act as biological catalysts. A catalyst is a substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction without becoming part of the product or being changed itself.
- b The sum of the masses of all the protons and neutrons contained in an atoms nucleus.
- c A water molecule is lost and forms a bond.
- d A large group of organic compounds - contain carbon, hydrogen and oxygen with more carbon and hydrogens than oxygens.
- e Measures the relative concentration of hydrogen and hydroxyl ions in various solutions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Determine what type of or
- The type of exchange reaction in which an acid and a base interact.
- Involve both synthesis and decomposition reactions. AB+C->AC+B and AB+CD->AD+CB
- Unique substances that cannot be broken down into simpler substances by ordinary chemical methods.
- Process of spontaneous atomic decay.
5 True/False questions
Adenosine triphospate (ATP) → Provides a form of chemical energy that all body cells can use. WIthout this, molecules cannot be made or broken down, cells cannot maintain boundaries, and all life processes stop.
Matter → Anything that has mass and takes up space.
Deoxyribonucleic acid → nucleic acid found in all living cells:carries the organism's hereditary information.
solute → a homogenous mixture of two or more components.
Bases → Hydroxides ionize and dissociate in water releasing hydroxyl ions (OH-)