5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Exchange reactions
- a The building blocks of elements.
- b Involve both synthesis and decomposition reactions. AB+C->AC+B and AB+CD->AD+CB
- c Process of spontaneous atomic decay.
- d A substance that can release hydrogen ions (H+) in detectable amounts. having a sour taste and can dissolve many metals of burn a hole in your rug. pH below 7
- e a substance that takes part in and undergoes a chemical change during a reaction.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Bond formed from molecules where atoms share electrons.
- An atoms outermost electron shell.
- When two or more different atoms bind together to form a molecule.
- Regulates the acid base balance in the body.
- Measures the relative concentration of hydrogen and hydroxyl ions in various solutions.
5 True/False questions
Isotopes → Atomic particles with a positive charge.
Deoxyribonucleic acid → Determine what type of or
Energy → The ability to do work or to put matter into motion.
Enzyme(catalyst) → functional proteins that act as biological catalysts. A catalyst is a substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction without becoming part of the product or being changed itself.
Elements → the liquid in which a solute is dissolved to form a solution.