5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Court of Star Chamber
- Ferdinand of Aragon
- a Also known as the "rebirth", the activity, spirit, or time of the great revival of art, literature, and learning in Europe beginning in the 14th century and extending to the 17th century.
- b This is the rule of government by a few
- c Dutch Renaissance humanist and Christian theologian who wrote in a "pure" Latin style.
- d He married Isabella of Castile to form a union for Spain (though they were never politically united). He and Isabella worked together to form a strong infantry army in Spain.
- e Established by Henry VII, it enforced torture to be used to force nobles to confess for something.
5 Multiple choice questions
- This dynasty became the Holy Roman emperor after 1438. It became one of the wealthiest landholders in the world.
- an opinion different from accepted belief
- groups of people who inflicted physical harm on themselves as penance for society's sins, believing that the plague was God's punishment
- legislation preventing intermarriage and protected 'racial purity'
- By making distant objects smaller than those close to the viewer and using shading artists could paint scenes that looked three dimentional.
5 True/False questions
Avignon → A commune in the Vaucluse department in southeastern France, several popes and antipopes lived from the early 14th to early 15th centuries.
Leonardo Da Vinci → Italian painter, engineer, scientist. The most versatile genius of the renaissance. Mona Lisa
Tudor dynasty → a plague that struck Europe in the fourteenth century that killed nearly half of Europe's population. It started in Central Asia and eventually spread to Europe in the stomachs of fleas
Dante Alighieri → ) **An Italian poet of the Middle Ages *Wrote the Divine Comedy **
indulgences → pardon sold by catholic church to reduce one's punishment