5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Lorenzo De Medici, "The Magnificent"
- Jan Van Eyck
- a The Muslim kingdom that Spain later conquested.
- b The identification of an ethnic identity with a state, love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it
- c Flemish painter who was a founder of the Flemish school of painting and who pioneered modern techniques of oil painting (1390-1441)
- d Was a ruler of the Florentine Republic during the Italian Renaissance,. Known as Lorenzo the Magnificient, he was a dipolmat, politian, artist and poet.
- e A Christian movement following the teachings of Czech reformer Jan Hus
5 Multiple choice questions
- Two aristocratic houses of England who fought for the English throne in the War of the Roses.
- "Brotherhoods"; popular groups in the towns given authority to act as local police forces and as judicial tribunals.
- groups of people who inflicted physical harm on themselves as penance for society's sins, believing that the plague was God's punishment
- Student of Michelangelo's; figures are soft and reflect inner beauty; Madonna and child series; fattened and ezaggerated his paintings.
- This dynasty became the Holy Roman emperor after 1438. It became one of the wealthiest landholders in the world.
5 True/False questions
pneumonic plague → a form of Black Death where the flea was the transmitter of the disease
popolo → The selling of church offices.
Divine Comedy → The selling of church offices.
Jerome (Hieronymus) Bosch → An eccentric Dutch painter of religious visions who dealt in particular with the torments of hell.
John Wyclif → The first Tudor king that worked to establish a strong monarchical government and ended the private wars of nobles in England.