5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- bubonic plague
- Thomas More
- Statue of Kilkenny
- a legislation preventing intermarriage and protected 'racial purity'
- b wrote Utopia- an English lawyer, author, and statesman who wrote Utopia, which describes the political arrangements of the imaginary island country of Utopia.
- c pardon sold by catholic church to reduce one's punishment
- d Popular revolt in late medieval Europe by peasants that took place in northern France
- e a form of Black Death where the flea was the transmitter of the disease
5 Multiple choice questions
- The first Tudor king that worked to establish a strong monarchical government and ended the private wars of nobles in England.
- A commune in the Vaucluse department in southeastern France, several popes and antipopes lived from the early 14th to early 15th centuries.
- Referred to the wars of the northern Christian kings fought in order to control the entire peninsula, some of the religious objectives were to convert and expel the Muslims and Jews.
- Was a ruler of the Florentine Republic during the Italian Renaissance,. Known as Lorenzo the Magnificient, he was a dipolmat, politian, artist and poet.
- Divided medieval Christianity into Eastern (Greek) and Western (Latin) branches, which later became known as the Eastern Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Church
5 True/False questions
Pope Clement V → By making distant objects smaller than those close to the viewer and using shading artists could paint scenes that looked three dimentional.
cinquescento → The 1500's or 16 th Century , Rome leader of Renaissance art and thought
popolo → The selling of church offices.
Hermandades → "Brotherhoods"; popular groups in the towns given authority to act as local police forces and as judicial tribunals.
Lancaster and York → ) **An Italian poet of the Middle Ages *Wrote the Divine Comedy **