5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ferdinand of Aragon
- a Also known as the "rebirth", the activity, spirit, or time of the great revival of art, literature, and learning in Europe beginning in the 14th century and extending to the 17th century.
- b He married Isabella of Castile to form a union for Spain (though they were never politically united). He and Isabella worked together to form a strong infantry army in Spain.
- c Dutch Renaissance humanist and Christian theologian who wrote in a "pure" Latin style.
- d The boil that resulted from catching the Bubonic Plague, gave the plague its name and caused agonizing pain
- e The 1400's. the 15th century in Italian art and literature. Florence was the leading city in this movement.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The treatment of light and shade in a work of art, especially to give an illusion of depth.
- French heroine and military leader inspired by religious visions to organize French resistance to the English and to have Charles VII crowned king
- The 1500's or 16 th Century , Rome leader of Renaissance art and thought
- A fine paid on a marriage during the Middle Ages in England.
- Was a ruler of the Florentine Republic during the Italian Renaissance,. Known as Lorenzo the Magnificient, he was a dipolmat, politian, artist and poet.
5 True/False questions
Court of Star Chamber → Established by Henry VII, it enforced torture to be used to force nobles to confess for something.
Nationalism → The identification of an ethnic identity with a state, love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it
bubonic plague → a form of Black Death where the flea was the transmitter of the disease
Christian Humanism → The identification of an ethnic identity with a state, love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it
Avignon → A commune in the Vaucluse department in southeastern France, several popes and antipopes lived from the early 14th to early 15th centuries.