5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Tudor dynasty
- Battle of Poitiers
- a Fought between the Kingdoms of England and France resulting in the second of the three great English victories of the Hundred Years' War.
- b italian underclass
- c A Christian movement following the teachings of Czech reformer Jan Hus
- d Henry VII gained power and ended wars of nobility/"livery and maintenence". Established Courty of Star Chamber that tortured nobles.
- e an opinion different from accepted belief
5 Multiple choice questions
- An eccentric Dutch painter of religious visions who dealt in particular with the torments of hell.
- The 1400's. the 15th century in Italian art and literature. Florence was the leading city in this movement.
- Time when crops failed, starting with bad weather in spring 1315, -Europe did not fully recover until 1322
- Leader of the English Peasants' Revolt of 1381
- The transformation of a society from close identification with religious values and institutions toward non-religious (or "irreligious") values
5 True/False questions
Statue of Kilkenny → Fought between the Kingdoms of England and France resulting in the second of the three great English victories of the Hundred Years' War.
Great Schism of 1054 → Divided medieval Christianity into Eastern (Greek) and Western (Latin) branches, which later became known as the Eastern Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Church
Reconquista → The imperial diet or parliament of the Holy Roman Empire.
Christian Humanism → Czechoslovakian religious reformer who anticipated the Reformation
pneumonic plague → a form of Black Death where the plague was transferred directly from one person to another