5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Niccolo Machiavelli
- Hundred Year's War
- a Series of battles between England and France over French Territories and dispute over who and how France would be ruled
- b The public announcement in a Christian parish church that a marriage is going to take place between two specified persons
- c A commune in the Vaucluse department in southeastern France, several popes and antipopes lived from the early 14th to early 15th centuries.
- d "Brotherhoods"; popular groups in the towns given authority to act as local police forces and as judicial tribunals.
- e Politics, Author of "The Prince" who advocated "better to be feared then loved but not hated" writer, works w/ gov't, power, & instability "the ends justifies the means"
5 Multiple choice questions
- italian underclass
- The emphasis on the here and-now rather than on the spiritual and otherworldly.
- A fine paid on a marriage during the Middle Ages in England.
- The imperial diet or parliament of the Holy Roman Empire.
- Flemish painter who was a founder of the Flemish school of painting and who pioneered modern techniques of oil painting (1390-1441)
5 True/False questions
Babylonian Captivity → The period during which seven Popes resided in Avignon,France rather than Rome
Conciliarists → A reform movement in the 14th and 15th century Roman Catholic Church which held that final authority in spiritual matters resided with the Roman Church as corporation of Christians, embodied by a general church council, not with the pope.
Divine Comedy → A fine paid on a marriage during the Middle Ages in England.
Great Famine → Time when crops failed, starting with bad weather in spring 1315, -Europe did not fully recover until 1322
Habsburg → Dutch Renaissance humanist and Christian theologian who wrote in a "pure" Latin style.