5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Two acids are joined together by a peptide bond to form a dipeptide. What is the by-product of this process
- Diets high in sugar are directly associated with:
- After completing a 10K run, Bonita notices her urine is brown and similar to the color of cola. What does this indicate about Bonita's hydration status?
- Diets rich in _______ are associated with maintaining healthy blood pressure levels.
- Yogurt is tolerated better than milk by many lactase-deficient people because:
- a bacteria in yogurt help digest the lactose.
- b Potassium
- c She is suffering from severe dehydration and needs treatment immediately.
- d tooth decay
- e water
5 Multiple choice questions
- fruit juices
- 3 fatty acids and 1 glycerol
- is a trace mineral
5 True/False questions
Chicken → are NOT major classes of dietary lipids.
the dietary guidelines for Americans recommends a minimum of: → High Blood Pressure
what element makes protein different form carbohydrates and fat? → to regulate body temperature
which of the following food items would contain the highest amount of saturated fat? → a. as compared to many other scientific disciplines, nutrition is a young science
b. discoveries by the first nutritional scientist established the connection between deficiencies and illnesses.
c. in developed countries current research in nutrition focuses on the relationship between diet and chronic disease
_______ are strongly accepted principles supported by many hypotheses that have been collectively confirmed through repeated research. → minerals