5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Better suffers from hypertension, and her physician has advised her to reduce her salt intake. Which of the following recommendations would you suggest Bette use to lower her sodium intake?
- What element makes protein different from carbohydrates and fat?
- Glucose is the preferred source of energy for which of the following?
- Providing energy to the body
- bob eats is breakfast. His GI tract will now begin the process of digestion and absorbing the nutrients from this meal. What is the order in which each of the organs of the GI tract will work to achieve this process?
- a is NOT a major function of protein in the human body
- b mouth; esophagus; stomach; small intestine; large intestine
- c a. red blood cells
c. central nervous system
- d Nitrogen
- e a. Avoid processed foods such as canned soups and quick cooking items.
b. Choose fresh fruit and veggies
c. DASH Diet
5 Multiple choice questions
- carbon, hydrogen, & oxygen
- tooth decay
5 True/False questions
The acceptable macronutrient distribution range for fat is _______ of total energy intake. → a. as compared to many other scientific disciplines, nutrition is a young science
b. discoveries by the first nutritional scientist established the connection between deficiencies and illnesses.
c. in developed countries current research in nutrition focuses on the relationship between diet and chronic disease
the building blocks of proteins are called → is NOT a major function of protein in the human body
Vitamins → Is NOT a major mineral.
which of the following organs is responsible for the manufacturing and secretion of many digestive enzymes and bicarbonate? → butter
______ is the slogan used by my-pyramid to encourage gradual improvements in diet and lifestyle. → minerals