5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In the body, the major storage sites for glycogen are the:
- How many grams of carbohydrate (per day) are recommended to prevent ketosis in healthy individuals? (RDA)
- Over 16 million Americans have diabetes. Which of the following is the most prevalent form of diabetes?
- a 130 grams
- b Is NOT a major mineral.
- c muscles & liver
- d are classified as a micronutrient
- e Type 2
5 Multiple choice questions
- is a complete source of protein
- 3 fatty acids and 1 glycerol
- 64 grams
- deficiency of lactase
5 True/False questions
cell membranes are primarily composed of → the culture in which one is raised
the smell, taste, and texture of food
the time of day
________ of a adults healthy body weight is fluid. → minerals
Yogurt is tolerated better than milk by many lactase-deficient people because: → bacteria in yogurt help digest the lactose.
the dietary guidelines for Americans recommends a minimum of: → 30 minutes of moderate activity most or all days of the week
which best explains why carbohydrate digestion ceases when food reaches the stomach? → salivary enzymes cannot function in the acid environment of the stomach.