5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what element makes protein different form carbohydrates and fat?
- Insulin is synthesized and released by the:
- bicarbonate is release into the duodenum during the process of digestion. Why?
- the nutrition facts panel on a box of crackers indicates that one serving provides 140 calories, with 55 calories coming from fat, what is the % of fat coming from calories?
- To lower cardiovascular risk it is recommended that we consume less than ______ of our total daily caloric intake from saturated fat.
- a 7-10%
- b 39%
55/140 = .39
- c to neutralize the acidic chyme
- d nitrogen
- e pancreas
5 Multiple choice questions
- dietary fiber
- muscles & liver
5 True/False questions
Fat-soluble vitamins need to be consumed on a daily basis → fat soluble; water soluble
Jane consumed a breakfast that contained 85g of carbohydrates, 20 grams of protein, and 18 grams of fat. How many kilocalories did Jane eat at breakfast? → nitrogen
________ of a adults healthy body weight is fluid. → minerals
the smallest units of matter that normally cannot be broken down are → table salt
Over 16 million Americans have diabetes. Which of the following is the most prevalent form of diabetes? → a. red blood cells
c. central nervous system