Scheduled maintenance: Saturday, March 6 from 3–4 PM PST
Upgrade to remove ads
Knowledge based - Creativity concepts
Terms in this set (22)
- Creativity is a wild wind with a discipline eye (Dorothy Paker)
- Creativity (Pryce 2005) is generating ideas what have potentials to be turned into successful innovation. Creativity is the process which requires a complex combination of both divergent and convergent thinking. Creative people are good at go back and forth at different points in creative process.
- The purpose of innovation is to use divergent ideas towards a convergent solution that is both highly novel (ý tưởng mới lạ) and useful.
Characteristics of creativity
- Creativity always involves imagination due to the fact that it generates something original (Bao gồm trí tưởng tượng cho dù nó sinh ra cái gì đó nguyên gốc)
- Creativity is purposeful as it puts imagination into action to achieve an end (Sáng tạo là thuộc về có mục đích vì nó đặt sự tưởng tượng vào trong hành động để đạt được kết quả cuối cùng)
- Produce something original in a particular field. (Sản xuất cái gì đó nguyên gốc ở trong 1 lĩnh vực cụ thể)
- Involve the generation of ideas, the evaluation of these ideas and deciding which idea is the most adequate one. (Bao gồm sự sinh ra ý tưởng, sự đánh giá những ý tưởng đó và quyết định ý tưởng nào là đầy đủ nhất)
-Accept the current paradigms
-Reject the current paradigms
-Attempt to integrate multiple current paradigms
Four domains of creativity:
Science (Khoa học)
Art (Nghệ thuật)
Innovativeness (Sự sáng tạo)
Social work and politics
Truth (Sự thật)
Beauty (Cái đẹp)
Utility (Lợi ích)
TYPE OF VALUE:
Cognitive (nhận thức)
Aesthetic (thuộc thẩm mỹ)
Pragmatic ( thực dụng)
Ethic (Đạo đức)
Motivation and Creativity
To analyze the relationships between motivation and creativity, it seems that intrinsic motivation is the best theory
Belonging is a fundamental human motivation, which was first proposed by Maslow's (1943) motivational hierarchy theory.
(4 stages). It has 4 main stages (Kneller 1978) includes: Preparation: Investigate phase - Incubation: Long period, preparing the mind for searching solution - Illumination: Occur when the concepts are restructured and the idea are integrate for searching solution - Verification: Occur when the ideas are revised, analyzed, judged and the solutions are tested.
Three stages are applying divergent thinking and the final stage is searching convergent solution.
Torrance Test of Creative Thinking (TTCT): test divergent thinking in the verbal and nonverbal areas as follow
Verbal: Thinking creative with WORD
Non- verbal: Thinking creative with PICTURE
Verbal: Thinking creative with WORD
Fluency (Trôi chảy)- The number of relevant ideas; shows an ability to produce a number of figural images
Flexibility (Linh hoạt)
Originality (Tính độc đáo, sáng tạo)- The number of statistically infrequent ideas; shows an ability to produce uncommon or unique responses
Asking (hỏi) ; Guessing Cause and Result ( Đoán nguyên nhân - Kết quả);Improvement (Sự cải tạo); Unsual Question (Câu hỏi không bình thường)
Non- verbal: Thinking creative with PICTURE
Fluency (Trôi chảy)
Originality (Tính độc đáo, sáng tạo)
Elaboration (Sự sửa soạn, chế tạo)- The number of added ideas; demonstrates the subject's ability to develop and elaborate on ideas
Picture Construction; Picture Completion; Line/Circle.
Core dispositions of the creative mind:
Inquisitive (Tò mò = Curiosity)
Persistent (Bền bỉ)
Imaginative (Giàu trí tưởng tượng)
Collaborative (Hợp tác)
Disciplined (Có kỷ luật)
Personal traits of creative individuals
- Curiosity (Tò mò)
- High levels of personal energy (Nhiều năng lượng)
- Being attracted to complexity (Bị hấp dẫn bởi sự phức tạp)
- Open-mindedness (Thoáng)
- Persistence in the face of adversity (bền bỉ trước đối phó vs nghịch cảnh)
Manage the environment
80% of innovations in the office are the result of good communication
Office space relates to knowledge management:
- Help attract talent employee ( Based on their special characteristics)
- Build job loyalty (gaining job engagement) and employee branding
- Increase creativity and knowledge worker productivity
- Help employee feel relax (Protect against burn-out)
Two Knowledge Management strategies
Codification and Personalization
(1) The goal is reuse knowledge; used by process-driven companies, which focus on documentation.
(2) Employees are supposed to fill out forms and create reports about on-going work or intermediate results.
(3) Employees have to understand where they can find the desired information or enter their experiences (people-to-documents).
(4) Typically aims to provide high quality solutions that are reliable and specialized in a certain field.
A company that produces high-end solutions to a specific problem for different customers is an example for that.
(5) The codification process is often executed by higher organizational hierarchies.
(6) Specifically state that heavy investment in IT is essential as "the goal is to connect people with reusable codified knowledge"
(7) A knowledge management system that supports codification has to follow strict patterns
(1) The focus of personalization is on people and their direct communication among each other
(2) Especially in companies, that follow flat organizational structures, the internal communication is important
(3) Encouraging the employees to exchange ideas and experiences is the main principle here. Thus, the employees continuously build up and improve their social network within the company, which they utilize to localize desired knowledge or experts in the case of need (goal-oriented).
(4) Typically tries to support creative and individual approaches to unique tasks. It faces only very special problems, embracing the difference of each project and customer in order to provide a specialized solution, where different levels and areas of expertise are important
(5) Typically concentrates on customized solutions of high complexity and quality.
(6) It is very common for this kind of companies to have different customers in different domains
(7) The result is that specialists work on solutions and share their knowledge, which increases the company-wide expertise.
(8) A knowledge management system in personalization has the purpose to organize direct communication. Hansen et al. state that moderate investment into IT is sufficient (đủ, thích đáng), as "the goal is to facilitate conversations and the exchange of tacit knowledge". The authors explain further that "Knowledge is shared not only face-to-face but also over the telephone, by e-mail, and via video-conferences".
One of the challenges of knowledge management is that of getting people to share their knowledge
(1) Costly Signaling Theory and propensity for Sharing knowledge
(2) Seven Spiritual Laws of Successful Knowledge Management by Marcus Speh Birkenkrahe
Seven Spiritual Laws of Successful Knowledge Management by Marcus Speh Birkenkrahe
• The Law of Unity (Sự thống nhất): The source of all creativity is experience of the true Self.
• The Law of Giving (Sự cho đi). The easiest way to get what you want is to help others get what they want.
• The Law of Cause and Effect (Hệ quả) . Your future is created by the choices you are making in every moment of your life.
• The Law of Least Effort (Kém Cố gắng). When you remain open to all points of view, your dreams and desires will flow effortlessly.
• The Law of Intention and Desire (Mong muốn). Whatever you attend to, will grow stronger. Whatever you take your attention away from, will wither.
• The Law of Detachment (Sự suy xét độc lập). Uncertainty is the fertile ground of creativity and freedom.
• The Law of Purpose in Life (Mục đích cuộc sống). There is something that you can do better than anyone else in the whole world.
1. To understand the human mind and its functioning and development.
2. To discover effective bases for individualizing instruction.
3. To provide clues for remedial and psychotherapeutic programs.
4. To evaluate the effects of educational programs, materials, curricula, and teaching procedures.
5. To be aware of latent potentialities
=> In other words, although the tests have been used mostly for assessment in the identification of gifted children, Torrance originally planned to use them as a basis for individualizing instruction for different students based on the test scores
=>Using the profile of strengths as a means to understand and nurture a person's creativity.
Characteristics of creative people
• People who are creative in one field tend to be not-so-creative in other domains.
• A study discovered that some creative people achieve the peak of their career before they turn 40 and others AFTER they turn 40
difference divergent thinking and convergent thinking
(Link to creativity process)
1. Both of them are essential for solving problem.
2. Divergent thinking leaves the room with ambiguity (sự mơ hồ) while convergent thinking strongly focus on exact answer.
3. As compared to convergent thinker, divergent thinker tends to have better moods.
4. Divergence considers a number of ideas whereas convergence seeks the best idea.
5. Divergent thinking involves artistry which is associates with right brain while convergent thinking encompasses (bao gồm, chứa đựng) logical reasoning which associates with left brain.
Five Steps to moving your organization towards KM focus:
- Always be aware that INFORMATION and KNOWLEDGE are NOT the same
- FOCUS on PEOPLE then TECHNOLOGY
- Choose a KM Strategy then stick to it.
- Create knowledge -friendly environment => encourage employees to share Knowledge.
- Treat every employee as a source of ideas and solution
It's a process by which organizations can identify and categorize knowledge assets such as people, process and technology
A lot type of map: Mind maps, Causal maps, Concept Maps, Topic Maps...
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Knowledge based economy - KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge based- KNOWLEDGE concepts
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
TE 150: Metacognition and Strategies
EDUC Chapter 2 set
PSY 2563 Ch 8-9 Focus Questions and Definitions
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Words without Very (1)
21. DEFINE THE DEFINITIONS IN SAP
Classical theories of organization management
Topic 1: Evolution of managerial science: Early st…