5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The legislative branch is the only branch that is ____________.
a.appointed by the president
b.appointed by the Supreme Court
c.voted into office directly by the people
d.voted into office by an electoral college
- The executive branch has expanded its powers through what?
b.changing of the Constitution
c.create new laws giving the executive more power
- How many ways can the Constitution be amended?
- There are two ways to propose an amendment, one is by receiving two-thirds votes from Congress, the second is by a
b.Supreme Court rule.
- a b.2
- b appeal
- c a.federal bureaucracies
- d c.voted into office directly by the people
- e d.national convention.
5 Multiple choice questions
- c.Bill of Rights
- b.Constitutional amendment.
- National Convention
- b.article four
5 True/False questions
The president can check Congress by this power.
c.separation of power enactment
d.judicial review → b.2
Only the Virginia Declaration of Rights and the Bill of Rights granted freedom of speech, the press, and religion. T/F → F
This is the current number of members in the House of Representatives.
d.535 → c.435
Which document granted citizens the least amount of freedom?
b.English Bill of Rights
c.Virginia Declaration of Rights
d.Bill of Rights → c.Bill of Rights
The U.S. Constitution is divided into three parts. Choose the answer that best completes the chart, identifying the three parts.
a.Bill of Rights
d.Sections → d.federalism