1. In a biogeochemical cycle, a chemical element spends time in different places, called _______.
2. As a chemical element moves through a biogeochemical cycle, it moves between "bio" and "geo." The "bio" in biogeochemical refers to biotic reservoirs, or ________.
3. The "geo" in biogeochemical refers to ______--specifically, to the abiotic reservoirs where a chemical element can be found.
4. In the terrestrial carbon cycle, the abiotic reservoir from which living organisms directly obtain their carbon is ___________
5. Carbon moves from an abiotic reservoir to living organisms during the process of ___________.
6. Carbon moves from living organisms to an abiotic reservoir during the process of ______.