5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Report signs and symptoms associated with HIV seroconversion; obtain medical evaluation of illness involving fever, rash, or lymphadenopathy; persue counseling and further testing.
- You drain out the excess liquid, rinse with warm water, inspect for anything left on the intruments that may need to be manually taken off, pat dry, then wrap or bag.
- Counter tops, equipment surfaces, housekeeping surface.
- 15-30 lbs pressure (psi)
- a What are some examples of "environmental" objects?
- b How much pressure is used for moist heat sterilization?
- c What is a substance that prevents or arrests the growt or action of microorganisms either by inhibiting their activity or by destroying them. Refers to things applied to living tissues.
- d What things need to be done in a follow-up to an exposure?
- e What do you do after you have ran your instruments through the ultrasonic machine?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What is the temperature range for dry heat sterilization?
- What is Broad Spectrum?
- What is the temperature used for moist heat sterilization?
- How long do we flush water lines in between each patient?
- What is the type of sterilization we use at FTCC?
5 True/False questions
Needles, curets, explores, probes → What are some examples of "critical" objects?
All microorganisms, spores, and viruses are destroyed quickly and efficiently. Wide variety of materials may be tested. It is the most economical method of sterilization. → What is the time limit for Chemical Vapor Sterilization?
Wearing nitrile gloves you hold the instruments in one hand low in the sink, brush away from your body. → What is "crictical" surface category?
An agent, usually a chemical, but may be a physical agent, such as x-rays or utraviolet light, that destroys microorganism s but may not kill bacterial spores; refers to substances applied to inanimate objects. → This will change colors to help assess instrument exposure to temperature and steam for the required time?
Adequate ventiliation is needed; has a slight odor → What are the disadvantages of Chemical Vapor Sterilization?