5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 15-30 lbs pressure (psi)
- Spore Testing
- Indicates a range of activity of drug or chemical substance against a wide variety of microorganisms.
- Wearing nitrile gloves you hold the instruments in one hand low in the sink, brush away from your body.
- All microorganisms, spores, and viruses are destroyed quickly and efficiently. Wide variety of materials may be tested. It is the most economical method of sterilization.
- a How do you manually scrub your instruments?
- b What are some advantages of moist heat: steam under pressure sterilization?
- c What is Broad Spectrum?
- d What is an example of bilogical monitoring?
- e How much pressure is used for moist heat sterilization?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What are some of the advantages of Chemical Vapor Sterilization?
- What things need to be done in a follow-up to an exposure?
- How long do we flush the water lines at the beginning and end of the days?
- What is a Biological Indicator?
- What are some disadvantages of dry heat sterilization?
5 True/False questions
Asepsis → What is free from contamination with microorganisms; includes sterile conditions in tissues and on materials, as obtained by exclussion, removing, or killing organisms?
No contact wth patient surfaces. → What is "environmental" surface category?
30 seconds → What is free from contamination with microorganisms; includes sterile conditions in tissues and on materials, as obtained by exclussion, removing, or killing organisms?
Light handles, certain x-ray machine parts, safety eyewear → What are some examples of "noncritical" objects?
Seals the package and changes color to show the autoclave temperature has been reached. Autoclave tape. → What does and External Chemical Indicator do?