5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Internal Chemical Indicators (heat strips)
- 15-30 lbs pressure (psi)
- Indicates a range of activity of drug or chemical substance against a wide variety of microorganisms.
- Does not touch mucouse membranes, it only comes into contac with unbroken epithelium.
- a How much pressure is used for dry heat sterilization?
- b What is a substance that prevents or arrests the growt or action of microorganisms either by inhibiting their activity or by destroying them. Refers to things applied to living tissues.
- c This will change colors to help assess instrument exposure to temperature and steam for the required time?
- d What is Broad Spectrum?
- e What is "noncritical" surface category?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What is "semicritical" surface category?
- What are some disadvantages of dry heat sterilization?
- What are some examples of "critical" objects?
- What are some examples of "environmental" objects?
- What are some examples of "semicritical" objects?
5 True/False questions
127° F - 132° F (260° C - 270° C) → What is the temperature range for dry heat sterilization?
Moist Heat: steam under pressure. → What are the three approved methods of sterilization?
Asepsis → What is free from contamination with microorganisms; includes sterile conditions in tissues and on materials, as obtained by exclussion, removing, or killing organisms?
Ultrasonic cleaning → What is an example of bilogical monitoring?
2 minutes → How long do we flush the water lines at the beginning and end of the days?