Does the ethical standard change depending on the situation?
1. Matters when we consider somone who has an impact.
2. Ethical standards do change depending on the situation.
3. We tend to see our own actions in a better light.
Difference between Law and Ethics
1. The law is in writing
2. Laws take long to change
3. Ethical principals often require self sacrifice.
4. Laws don't require self sacrifice.
Moral Reasoning and Decision Making
1. I.D. the issues(is it a legal issue?)
2. Which rules apply
3.Analyze the facts and information.
4. Are there any conditions.
5. How do you minimize conflict.
Obedience to authority
Maintaining or changing behavior in the presence of an authority to do what they tell us or want us to do.
A situation in which group members seek unanimous agreement despite their individual doubts
False Consensus Effect
The tendency to overestimate the extent to which others share our beliefs and behaviors
In thought, the terms in which a problem is stated or the way that it is structured.(Positively framed, negatively framed.)
An unpleasant state that arises when a person recognizes the inconsistency of his or her actions, attitudes, or beliefs
One situation is deemed more valuable than another situation because it is closer in time.