5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Louisiana Purchase
- George Washington
- Free enterpise
- a Agriculture, cotton kingdom, for slavery, and more wealth.
- b territory in the western United States purchased from France in 1803 for $15 million; extends from the Mississippi River to the Rocky Mountains and from the Gulf of Mexico to Canada
- c love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it; "they rode the same wave of popular patriotism"; "British nationalism was in the air and patriotic sentiments ran high". Having pride for your own country.
- d The first president of the United States, he was also the commander of the continental Army.
- e market economy: an economy that relies chiefly on market forces to allocate goods and resources and to determine prices
5 Multiple choice questions
- The first ten amendments to The Constitution.
- Manufacturing, Industrial, Most state abolished slavery, and working class
- After the US victory in The Mexican War, by Henry Clay allowed California to be a free state and allow New Mexico and Utah territories to vote on slavery.
- Ruled that blacks could never be citizens in America and therefore could not sue in the court of law. It also overturned the Missouri Compromise, stating that the government has no right to deny slave ownership.
- a political party in Guam affiliated with the United States Republican Party.
5 True/False questions
Harriet Beecher → Uncle Tom's Cabin, a book that portrays the lives of slaves in an attempt to get support in the North.
Monroe Doctrine → The idea that God intends for America to extend itself to the Pacific Ocean.
Susan .B. Anthony → One of the most famous women that fought for women's rights. She was successful is attaining the right for married women to own property.
The War of 1812 → the relocation and movement of Native Americans, including many members of the Cherokee, Creek, Seminole, and Choctaw nations among others in the United States, from their homelands to Indian Territory (present day Oklahoma) in the Western United States.
Abraham Lincoln → Elected in 1860. Following his victory the southern states seceded and formed The Confederate States of America.