5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Underground Railroad
- Republican party
- Missouri Compromise
- Fredrick Douglass
- Frederick Douglass
- a a political party in Guam affiliated with the United States Republican Party.
- b Stated that Missouri could come into the union as a slave state and Maine would come in as a free state. It also forbid any states north of 36 30' to be slave state.
- c An escaped slave that help petition for abolition of slavery.
- d an informal network of secret routes and safe houses used by 19th century Black slaves in the United States to escape to free states and Canada with the aid of abolitionists who were sympathetic to their cause.
- e was born into slavery and is best known for his role in bringing the harsh realities of slavery to the attention of white Americans, at the same time being a living example of the fallacy of claims
5 Multiple choice questions
- Popular Sovereignty to determine slavery in Kansas and Nebraska. It led to rigged elections and violence between the two sides.
- a slave in the United States who sued unsuccessfully in St. Louis, Missouri for his freedom in the infamous Dred Scott v. Sandford case of 1857.
- Agriculture, cotton kingdom, for slavery, and more wealth.
- Ruled that blacks could never be citizens in America and therefore could not sue in the court of law. It also overturned the Missouri Compromise, stating that the government has no right to deny slave ownership.
- love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it; "they rode the same wave of popular patriotism"; "British nationalism was in the air and patriotic sentiments ran high". Having pride for your own country.
5 True/False questions
Free enterpise → a United States policy that was introduced on December 2, 1823, which stated that further efforts by European countries to colonize land or interfere with states in the Americas would be viewed by the United States of America as acts of aggression requiring US intervention ... Stated that the United States would not allow any European countries to try to retake or settle new colonies in Latin America.
Trail of Tears → The first ten amendments to The Constitution.
Susan .B. Anthony → The idea that God intends for America to extend itself to the Pacific Ocean.
Louisiana Purchase → territory in the western United States purchased from France in 1803 for $15 million; extends from the Mississippi River to the Rocky Mountains and from the Gulf of Mexico to Canada
Monroe Doctrine → The idea that God intends for America to extend itself to the Pacific Ocean.