5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- specialized cell activated by a stimulus
- Cell Body
- Knobs at the end of the axon
- the level of stimulation required to trigger a neural impulse in the receiving neuron.
- Neurons that convey information between neurons in the brain and spinal cord.
5 True/False questions
The Neural Impulse → 1. Threshold: the level of stimulation required to trigger a neural impulse in the receiving neuron.
2. Impulse travels from the soma down the axon to terminal button
3. At the terminal, vesicles move to the membrane, attach and release chemicals into the synapse
Myelin Sheath → Chain of events that take place in neural communication
Neuron → individual nerve cells that communicate directly or indirectly with other neurons
Dendrites → tree-like structures that branch out from the soma
Axon → cylindrical structure that carries the neural impulse from soma to other neurons